Where would you live???

N3M

N3M

Associate
If you had to leave the UK...

I have a friend who has been to Sweden a few times and can speak the language fluently. Hes leaving the UK as he disagrees with the way this country is being ran etc etc etc... To be honest, I do not share the same views, I do not let politics stress me out to the level it does him. My reasons are mainly spurred from things like bombings and other things like the fact a 3 bedroom vill with double garage and heated pool in Florida would start at around $130,000 :p

Through his rants of the grass being greener over there, it has made me curious as to where people mainly emmigrate when they do... Things like hospitals are obviously top of my "criteria" if you like...

Where would you guys go if you had the chance/fancied a change.

I do realise that this entire post is a little vague and not much thought has gone into what ive posted so far but that just shows how much i have looked into this, hence the post :p

Cheers All!

Man of Honour
Canada for the snowboarding, Australia for the excellent weather + beaches + wildlife, LA for my career interests.

In fact given the chance I would gladly jump ship to LA or Canada, Aus is sort of just a pipe dream :D

Soldato
Canada or California definitely!

Been thinking about getting away from this country for a while, and hopefully I will be able to in a few years time. Just have to see how the career goes after uni etc as I know the lady in my life would like to move out there!

Soldato
Australia for the generall all round niceness of weather,beach,hot girls and environment. Being only 18 and hoping to be an Architect I like to go somewhere like NYC,LA,Washington.Been USA twice and loved it there,people are nice,lovely cheap houses shame there is no NHS(did I just say that?? :eek: )

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
If i had to it would be new jersey. The climate, and the general feeling of the area is about right.

I wouldnt leave the UK though, i dont honestly see why people moan about the place. The tax burden isnt huge if you have a good accountant or know how to handle it, the climate is just about perfect for an active and busy life, the property market is very stable and provides ample oppertunity to make large capital gains. Salaries are high, even for relatively unskilled work, there are lots of people around you also on high salaries and therefore private business is easy to run and very profitable.

Cant complain at all. I am sure there are plenty of other nice places to live but i cant see how they can be much better than this place.

Soldato
Thing is, I have an uncle from Sweden, over there our equilivant for a Pint of Larger costed nearlly £9! and he told me that hasnt really changed an awful lot, its expensive over there.

But I love Florida, I would live there if I could..

Soldato
Jez said:
If i had to it would be new jersey. The climate, and the general feeling of the area is about right.
Stayed there for 3weeks at my cousins,loved it there I do prefer NJ to NYC in certain ways its very quiet and relaxing(I guess just not a really good place for Job opportunities unlike NYC. One part of NJ that I visited that I hated was Atlantic City,really dirty area and very rundown.Needs investment.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
jesta said:
Stayed there for 3weeks at my cousins,loved it there I do prefer NJ to NYC in certain ways its very quiet and relaxing(I guess just not a really good place for Job opportunities unlike NYC. One part of NJ that I visited that I hated was Atlantic City,really dirty area and very rundown.Needs investment.

You get that everywhere though, i live in a beautiful village with no crime and no ethnic people to speak of at all, just up the road is Newbury. Nuff said :)

Soldato
Jez said:
You get that everywhere though, i live in a beautiful village with no crime and no ethnic people to speak of at all, just up the road is Newbury. Nuff said :)
Yeah I know you do but I guess it was cos I was so used to seeing all those lovely houses in USA and seeing those kinda was a downer. Where you live sounds rubbish you need some ethnic people like the Chinese(me!!!) :D

Soldato
I'd like to join my family in Canada one day.

Though I'm not sure why it is so high up in peoples list of places to live though. At the end of the day it's not that much different from say the USA or even the UK.

Soldato
Finland for me with the GF(she is from Helsinki) I don't like the way that this country is headed right now and the little ***** that it will be left to after me.
Plus there are educational/financial benefits for the missus if we moved and it can't hurt to absorb another culture for a while. Its a serious consideration for us in a years time when uni ends.

Permabanned
Possibly Canada/Australia or certain parts of the USA. Like above I don't like where this country is heading. The education system is great but imo the economy is falling apart, taxes going up, everything going up, pensions are pretty poor now, all prices risen greatly, inflation is killer, not much chance on the housing ladder for new starts. Ontop of that the immigration is a disgrace and the crime has hit an all time high.

Back
Top Bottom