Gym Users

Soldato
Bit of advice please - basically, im 6'3 and 13.3 stone - i want to get to 12.5 asap (probs a month) - i eat well and dont drink very much at all.

So, i plan on doing 40mins on the bike at the gym four nights a week and ill also mix this in with riding to and from work every day (20mins each way), about 30-40mins of weights and possibly a short swim afterwards including sauna.

Now, im not a rookie but i want to know if you guys rekon this basic work out principle will get me the required results within about a month? Ill keep it up of course, this isnt some fad thing, ive worked my weight down to 13.3 from, 14.4 since xmas whith a much lighter routine - hence i want to try harder.

cheers all

Fastwunz.

Associate
Might want to post what your diet is as I'm pretty sure someone will ask soon enough. :p

Might also want to jot down what your current weight routine is as well to make it easier for people to help you.

Soldato
OP
ah ok, i have a bannana and and peice of brown toast in the morning with margarine.

For lunch i will have a tuna salad (no pasta - some mayo on the tuna), water and no crisps or chocolate etc. May have an apple too or a box of assorted fruit.

Then ill go home and have another bannana and perhaps a poahced egg on taost.

Go to the gym at 8 and do 40mins on bike. then 40 mins weights, light weights and multiple lifts - mainly on the arms.

50 situps and 50 press ups.

Then 20 lengths in pool and then home and bed.

Soldato
Why the empasis on weight loss? Have you considered a regieme designed to increase muscle while reducing body fat percentage? There might not be much difference in weight but you'd be stronger, appear visibly slimmer and would naturally use more energy at rest (muscle is metabolically active tissue so burns calories simply by existing, whereas fat doesn't).

Associate
fastwunz said:
ah ok, i have a bannana and and peice of brown toast in the morning with margarine.

For lunch i will have a tuna salad (no pasta - some mayo on the tuna), water and no crisps or chocolate etc. May have an apple too or a box of assorted fruit.

Then ill go home and have another bannana and perhaps a poahced egg on taost.

Go to the gym at 8 and do 40mins on bike. then 40 mins weights, light weights and multiple lifts - mainly on the arms.

50 situps and 50 press ups.

Then 20 lengths in pool and then home and bed.

Well I don't think your eating enough, not even if your aiming for weight loss.

You need to be eating 5-6 meals a day ideally and within 2-3 hours of each other to keep your metabolism high and avoid storing energy from food as fats.

Start by eating small meals every 2-3 hours I would say. I am also pretty sure it's unneeded to be doing so many sit-ups and press ups as well.

Soldato
Agreed about the eating. That doesn't seem like a lot. Such severe dieting is likely to make it harder to keep the weight off in the long term.

Thinking about it - a stone is an awful lot to loose in a month. I've been advised by my sister (who is an exercise science officer at Sheffield Hallam University) not to attempt to lose more than a couple of pounds a week.

Soldato
OP
right thanks fo rhte advice guys. Well last night i did 40 mins bike and 10 mins on the rower- then went for a short swim. Felt great afterwards and fely like i had done a lot of exercise. Feeling good this mornging too - i agree with the food situation however. Im going to increase the number of meals i have. Seems like a basic principle that i have been badly missing out on.

Oh and perhaps you ar right - loosing weight isnt necessarily the best thing - more a case or lowering my body fat percentage. If anyone can give me any tips on that it would be great.

cheers all.

Back
Top Bottom