• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD X2 4800+

Soldato
Jokester said:
Socket A, come to think of it, some XP based chips did appear on S754 if I remember correctly under the value chip moniker (Duron?).

Edit: Low end early on S754 Sempron's I think it was.

Oh yes, that does ring a bell. Well remembered! :cool:

Associate
OP
ok guys? i've recieved my order from ocuk today. n fitted it to my pc.

windows loaded up, installed stuff. rebooted only to freeze on the windows loading screen with the whizzy bit. it loads no further.

Booting in safe-mode works. and shows 2 cpus....

Any help here verrrry much appreciated!

Alex

Associate
OP
i do remember updating ot with the msi program jobby.... but it was a ahile back... the bios has recognised the cpu and stuff, and also it is brought up name wise in windows as expected..... should i try updating the bios?

Alex

Soldato
Cob said:
It may just be one of those rare occasions that a fresh install is needed.

Yep probably. You might like to try installing the Dual Core Optimiser from the AMD site to see if that solves the problem, but I reckon you'll need to reinstall :(

Jon

Associate
OP
well, it works if i choose last known good config.... and also in safemode too... so all hope is not yet lost!

Still trying things

as i'm sure you can appreciate, i'd really like to try n not fresh install!

Alex

Back
Top Bottom