.mac

Soldato
been checking out .mac lately and thinking of signing up for a 2 month trial.. Many folks on here use the .mac services and is it worth the money?

Associate
I'd be interested in hearing responses to this as well as I'm considering ditching my hosted Exchange account now that I've gone Mac.

Soldato
OP
AdWright said:
I'd be interested in hearing responses to this as well as I'm considering ditching my hosted Exchange account now that I've gone Mac.

from what i have seen of it it looks very handy but its just a question of whether 70quid a year is worth it or not. The sync features along with web hosting space is very handy - the backup thing as well seems good. Im going to sign up for the trial and see what its like for myself.

Permabanned
I have been looking at this aswell. Things put me off like

1. Can I connect by FTP to the space or is it just iDisk? How would one connect it they were using a PC.

2. If I add a domain, does that domain get full control over everything? Can I use subdomains? etc etc.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

stuppy said:
I have been looking at this aswell. T
Things put me off like

1. Can I connect by FTP to the space or is it just iDisk? How would one connect it they were using a PC.
I use Panic Transmit to connect via FTP on OS X.

stuppy said:
2. If I add a domain, does that domain get full control over everything? Can I use subdomains? etc etc.
Not sure about this, you could check out the .Mac help support?

I think it is worth it, now as they've upped the storage to 10GB (20 for me):D

Associate
Just to add but iDisk is a WebDAV folder and so can be accessed using anything that supports it :)

What with 10GB storage and the .Mac Web Gallery i'm quite tempted - does anyone know if you can get a HE Discount on .Mac or not?

Associate
Don't think so. If I could put my Wordpress (php/mysql) photoblog on .mac, I'd be sold for sure. Unfortunately, it doesn't look as though I can

Back
Top Bottom