Feedback on friends website

Soldato
hmm the repeated background is definately not my thing and i find the roll over buttons slightly tacky. the logo could do with some work as well.

sorry for being so harsh but it does need some work. :(

Associate
Make the background plain, vertically center the main content and give it a border. Use some more harmonious colours. Bobs your uncle. :)

Suspended
Honestly, it screams first time home made!

The repeating background is horrid, it takes far too long to load the home page. im not sure that the chinese writing is a must either. Oh, and he doesnt need the date printing at the top of the page either.

The header is nice and simple, looks good.

His buttons look good too.

Contact page

Not so keen on either the blue background or the 1800 century wallpaper in the left column. his Message box starts sooner than the others.

About Page

Text is clear and easy to read, the picture is nice but it would be nice to know more about the photographer.

You dont need the weather thing on the left.

Portfolio

Im not to sure about the thumbnails being fuzzy until i move the mouse over it.

I dont like the whole HS bamboo stand in picture when the gallerys load.

I do however like the colours chosen for his gallery, plain and simple and do not distract from the photos, which are may i say very good.

I would love a massive print of his jellyfish one, the colours are so vibrant. I prefer the sea life over plant life but they are all very good.

Soldato
I really hate to say this to him, but I don't like any of it :(

He deserves a better/more up-to-date site than that. I could write a 2000 word essay on this site and how to improve it but I don't think he'd be that happy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom