Help please! Windows wont load

Associate
Hi all,

For some reason my PC wont load into windows. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit and it seems to get stuck on the loading screen with just the loading bar continuously moving but nothing happening. I cant even get into safe mode either.

Everything was working ok last night but today i got home from work and tried to fix my fan on my new case that wasnt working so i plugged in a new cable and tried to see if it would work but didnt so i know the fan is busted. I put the old cable back and started up my new pc and now it wont load into Windows.

I tried to boot with the Vista disk in but it says press any key to boot from disk which i did then it just goes to the loading screen and gets stuck there.

Any help appreciated as its very frustrating :(

Associate
try repairing the windows install through using the vista disk, have you made backups recently? maybe a system restore disk, i dont think you can actually make one in vista thou think its a new feature in the new service pack, correct me if im wrong.

Associate
OP
Mattitude said:
try repairing the windows install through using the vista disk, have you made backups recently? maybe a system restore disk, i dont think you can actually make one in vista thou think its a new feature in the new service pack, correct me if im wrong.

No i have not backed up for a while :/

How do i repair windows? I put in the vista disk and have it put from cd-rom and it asks me to press any key to put from cd which i do, it then says loading windows and once that bar is full it goes onto the windows loading screen which is where i keep getting stuck at

Associate
You can get into BIOS etc fine?

Is there anychance you knocked something else loose, say memory?

Try reseatin the mem...

Could be something strange like even the SATA cable connector has been pushed out a little....

Check all connections inside the PC...

Associate
OP
MattJones2k6 said:
You can get into BIOS etc fine?

Is there anychance you knocked something else loose, say memory?

Try reseatin the mem...

Could be something strange like even the SATA cable connector has been pushed out a little....

Check all connections inside the PC...

Yeah can get into BIOS fine, just when it tries to load into windows or safe mode it hangs.

I reseated all memory, checked all connections and unplugged/replugged all cables :/

Associate
OP
Made some progress, unplugged my hdd with windows on and left in my secondary hdd in and with the windows cd in it tried to install windows on my secondary hdd so looks like the problem lies within the main hdd with windows already installed

Back
Top Bottom