New PSU + Graphics: PC not powering up.

Associate
I have just installed a new power supply (Corsair hx520) and graphics card (X1950 Pro) into my computer.

I am fairly sure have done everything correctly and have checked over loads of times, the problem is that when i press the 'On' button nothing happens at all.

If anyone could give me a clue as to how to fix this I'd be happy :)

Associate
OP
Yes PSU is in "I" position on the back as manual said, yes it's connected to the socket in wall (which is on)

The fan does not spin. There appears to be nothing at all happening.

This may be irrelevant, but when the network cable is plugged in there was a little green and orange light on inside it.

Associate
OP
Not at PC at moment but there was just a 4-pin connector like on the optical drives, will there have also been the 6-pin PCI-e connector that I may have missed?

Associate
Did you plug the other power connector into the motherboard?

The gfx card may require a 6pin power connector but even if the gfx isnt plugged in the pc should start spinnin up

Look over the motherboard there should be another small connector that you have missed...

it maybe 4pins in a line or in a square....

Associate
OP
I did the 24-pin one and the 4 pin square which goes over near CPU and is basically the same as 24-pin one just with less pins. I may be able to post photos tomorrow of the situation to see if that helps solve it.

Thanks to those who have replyed so far

Back
Top Bottom