Fujifilm FinePix S5700?

Associate
I've been researching for a decent value camera to ask for for my birthday, and this apears to have some very good reviews. Some limitations, but for the money it looks to be a very good camera.

Anyone got any personal experience with this camera, or any good alternatives of a similar price range?

GeX

GeX

Soldato
i had the s5600, and rated it very highly. a lot of camera for the money. my only complaint was the zoom and focus being controlled with buttons rather than the rings on the lense. the focus was more a pain than the zoom, i think they've 'fixed' this on the s5700 though.

Soldato
Many people asking this question, S5700 has removed raw support, uses a different sensor, seems okish.....however, doesn't seem to rate as high as the S5600 in reviews!

BTW I'm a happy S5600 user

Soldato
I have one and its the best £130 i've spent! Low light would be better with a S5600 due to the super ccd.

S5700 taked SD/SDHC cards tho which is a big bonus for some, so is the compact size.

Associate
I bought a refurbished one from the Fuji website for £110, did want something smaller originally, but I'm glad I got this instead, I can used the SD cards I already have and it seems to have more manual controls than I ever hope to use, haven't really had a chance to use it properly yet, but I'm impressed with the pictures so far.

My only gripe is that I tend to hold it right where the flash pops up, so get a few dark photo's (this is my fault entirely though really).

Permabanned
The s5700 has a super macro mode on it too. I bought the camera on my Hols in Malaysia. The only issue I have is the distortion of straight lines when not going through the centre of the lense.

Associate
I'm thinking about attempting to get a refund for my Fuji S9600 (which is a step up from the S5700?), I don't like the fact that the live-view doesn't allow for exposure, the limit of three images on burst mode, seemingly high noise even at some low ISOs and a couple of others things. I don't know if these are the same on S5700, but for £120 it seems worth it.

Back
Top Bottom