£19,000 for a Vauxhall Nova anyone?

Associate
am sure there is way more than £20k in the car though so for someone looking to build a fast nova(omg they are out there?)it would save them money.
think they will end up breaking it tbh as most people wont pay that for a nova,regardless of the spec.

Ed

Ed

Soldato
It's so heavily customised it's worlds away from anything Vauxhall produced. Is the fact this is based on a Nova making it harder to swallow? Would it be a 'better' car if it was based on a Golf, but had similar mods, for example?

Associate
Ed said:
It's so heavily customised it's worlds away from anything Vauxhall produced. Is the fact this is based on a Nova making it harder to swallow? Would it be a 'better' car if it was based on a Golf, but had similar mods, for example?

Nah, it would still be a small hatchback with too much power through the wrong wheels. :p

Associate
Ed said:

i have a similar hate of vw golfs too so that wouldnt make a difference to me :)

Associate
Ed said:

I have been thinking along similar lines recently (without the modding bit), if Vauxhall were to take a BMW 5 series, make it look slightly different and not tell anyone that it was a 5 series with a different shell but about half the price to buy and service would people still say OMG a Poxhall, it must be rubbish!!!1111!!!

p.s. spending nearly 20k on a small old car is insane unless you are going to race it to earn money (or your loaded and are going to race it for fun), in which case you wouldn't buy one that has a DVD player and JL speakers :)

Associate
Richard_16v said:
I have been thinking along similar lines recently (without the modding bit), if Vauxhall were to take a BMW 5 series, make it look slightly different and not tell anyone that it was a 5 series with a different shell but about half the price to buy and service would people still say OMG a Poxhall, it must be rubbish!!!1111!!!

But if they did that they would actually end up with a decent car, rather than the usual tripe that Vauxhall knock out. Then people would drive it and say "OMG a Vauxhall, as good to drive as a 5 Series!!!111" ;)

Ed

Ed

Soldato
BigDannyO said:
But if they did that they would actually end up with a decent car, rather than the usual tripe that Vauxhall knock out. Then people would drive it and say "OMG a Vauxhall, as good to drive as a 5 Series!!!111" ;)
Thats the point DannyO, the car the original poster linked to can hardly be called a Nova. It's a massively customised FWD turbo car. The resemblance to the factory GTE model must be tiny. You can't relate the two.

Associate
the vauxall omega diesel shares a lot with the bmw 5 series including the engine but more people would rather have the bmw.
you have to remember that most car buyers these days are brand tarts :D

Associate
Ed said:
Thats the point DannyO, the car the original poster linked to can hardly be called a Nova. It's a massively customised FWD turbo car. The resemblance to the factory GTE model must be tiny. You can't relate the two.

I wasn't, I was intimating that I didn't like the idea of 400bhp in a FWD hatch... scratch that I wouldn't want 400bhp in a FWD anything! :)

Soldato
BigDannyO said:
I wasn't, I was intimating that I didn't like the idea of 400bhp in a FWD hatch... scratch that I wouldn't want 400bhp in a FWD anything! :)

Liar :p

If it was offered to you im sure you wouldnt say no ;)

Anything thats had that much work done to it and has that much power could be fun to drive. Not saying youll be beating track records or anything but im sure it would be a laugh ;)

Ed

Ed

Soldato
Phal said:
Anything thats had that much work done to it and has that much power could be fun to drive. Not saying youll be beating track records or anything but im sure it would be a laugh ;)
Precisely. I bet it's hugely fast too despite being far from optimal due to drivetrain configuration.

Back
Top Bottom