India / Pakistan division

Associate
Soldato
The developed world colonised the rest of the world. Had it not then the rest of the world would still be living in mud huts.
If it had not been the British then it would most certainly have been the Dutch or French. We went there to trade, we got dragged into their petty infighting, we fought off other invaders. It is not as clear cut as you make out, we did not go there with any intention of taking the place over.

I am just pointing out we where wrong, the British thought they where a superior race and treated everyone else like slaves. Its important we don't forget what happened so we don't repeat it.

Permabanned
Haha, i have no idea who it precisely belongs to. But as far as i know, it crossed hands etc. among Indians themselves. not to a foreign power. As far as that goes, and to generalize to that degree at least, you can say it belongs to India. Not saying Ranjit Singh was the rightful ruler, just that nor were the British and they took it as a spoil of war.

It changed hands multiple times hence Iran and Afganistan amongst others have tried to claim it is rightfuly theirs :)
I doubt it is possible to find out who originally owned it, like many things possession is 9/10 of the law.

Permabanned
Hmm Virri you went over there just to trade, but as a byproduct happened to control the whole country, how conveninent it must be!
Learn some history. It is a fact. Get over it. Britain went there simply to trade and build a tea business. As did the dutch, french etc. That led to lots of fighting. We got invited to arm, train and fight for various princedoms. India only has itself to blame. Get over it.
Did you go to the Falklands just to trade as well ? ;)
I don't know the history of how the falklands came to be. Do you?
Without looking at the links I'll take a guess that they were military actions against some indian factions following some sort of latter day rebellion after we were in control there. Would I be right?
Just accept that Britain did some nasty things to people around the world and move on. Don't try to defend the indefensible :)
How is it indefensible? Colonisation was the name of the game back then and every major power was at it. If you find it so distasteful then donate everything you own to some famine programme and go over there and volunteer to help out because right now you are benefitting from our colonial past. If it is indefensible you'd best do your best to earn forgiveness :D

Back
Top Bottom