Creatine

Soldato
I've found it's a good tool for blasting through plateau's.

What I find strange about creatine is I've yet to see any studies to back up people's claims about side effects. The biggest ones being cramps and muscle pulls. I've experienced the cramps myself but found hydrating myself better cured this.

I know a guy at my gym who's huge and he swears creatine causes him loads of problems. He said his legs just locked up in spasms one day and he had to be taken to hospital, said it was incredibly painfull. Also he had tests done which showed he has naturally high creatine levels.

Now this guy is incredibly fit and very muscular and he's also natural so steroids can be ruled out. He can fight for hours, he does UFC, so it makes sense that he has naturally high levels of certain things like creatine, testosterone?

I have another mate who's not big at all, no real muscle to speak of yet he trains all the time (not bodybuilding just general fitness) He suffers from cramps when taking creatine. He's also a bit lazy in the gym, I doubt he has naturally high levels lol :) Oh and he's vegetarian, so where's he getting it from naturally in his diet? which is also poor btw.

Two extreme's there of people not being able to use creatine. Yet I can use it no problem at all and so do many other lads I know. We're all different ;)

Soldato
Youstolemyname said:
Will 3g per day be enough? Was thinking of taking 3g on non workout days in a glass of cranberry juice at breakfast and on workout days 3g in my post workout protein shake.

Cheers
As I said above, everyone's different and I know first hand people respond differently to it. I'd say make sure you've trained sufficiently hard and long enough to have depleted your own natural creatine pool enough to warrant supplementation.

Then try it at 3g a day see how you get on. You can always adjust the dosage :)

Caporegime
Jeffstar said:
Who's "we"? are you the official sports forum spokesman :D

My experience is relative to the thread title, is it not? Is it a bad thing to point out the potential dangers of taking creatine? Whats your problem?

as already noted, it is the most studied supp with no noticed dangers. your reaction to it is probably as likely for others as getting run over by a car. as that is such a low chance of happening, your reaction is not a danger ;]

do you have the same reaction to the natural creatine found in food?
do you tell women not to use those moisterisers that have creatine in them (recently hit the market)?

Associate
Morba said:
as already noted, it is the most studied supp with no noticed dangers. your reaction to it is probably as likely for others as getting run over by a car. as that is such a low chance of happening, your reaction is not a danger ;]
You should try crossing the road near where i live, only the quickest survive!
Morba said:
do you have the same reaction to the natural creatine found in food?
Nope. I can't say that i've found any adverse reactions after eating a nice piece of sirloin steak.
Morba said:
do you tell women not to use those moisterisers that have creatine in them (recently hit the market)?
Firstly, i'd have to find a woman who i knew was using a creatine based moisturiser, that would'nt be easy though. I suppose i could hang around the creatine based moisturiser shelve at Boots and advise any girls i saw browsing the products to consider butter, or even better, lard as a good alternative. That could prove more dangerous than crossing said road though.

Sorry morba, i found your post a bit silly (maybe done in jest)? but i'm happy to go along with the banter :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well it's working. I can deffo work out harder, my 10 rep max bench went up 10kg in a week and I don't feel as stiff after each workout.

However, every time I drink alcohol I feel like my heart is going to leap from my chest! It doesn't beat faster, just more powerful. Dunno if this is just me or if anyone else has felt this?

Associate
When I was using Creatine I noticed that my heart was beating a lot more powerful and could sometimes see it pushing against my chest. I personally think it was something else though or a mixture of things as I pretty much changed my whole diet and eating habits in one day and started the weight training as well. Must have put some strain on me I guess and the drinking doesn't help! :p

Back
Top Bottom