SPL Season 2007/2008 Thread **Spoilers**

Associate
Rangers 7-2 Falkirk.

Great result. However it was 3-2 with 16 minutes to go which suggests that the points weren't really all that safe. First goals we've conceded this season. I just hope the defence stands up this midweek because I think Red Star will give it a bit of a pounding.

Associate
big_white_dog84 said:
Rangers 7-2 Falkirk.

Great result. However it was 3-2 with 16 minutes to go which suggests that the points weren't really all that safe. First goals we've conceded this season. I just hope the defence stands up this midweek because I think Red Star will give it a bit of a pounding.

The first goal was indefensable. a cracker.

The second goal more to do with neither KT or Fergie stopping theor midfield advancing and leaving our back line exposed.

Outstanding debut for Whittaker and Alan Hutton just gets better and better.

Still a long way to go in terms of team building but things going very much in the right direction.

Soldato
Good result from Rangers, seems like it could be a good battle this year.

Hopefully Aberdeen can beat Celtic today :D I'm not very hopeful that we can get a result after the dismal second half performance against Hearts last week though.

Soldato
god you gotta love the football banter :D

Anyway Walter says Gers still aint the finished article. Hiopefully get past Red Star next week and he'll get to sign the missing links in the chain.

Looks like this is gonna be a tight season.

Nor

Nor

Associate
OP
Great performance and result by Celtic yesterday, though Hearts look woeful. Great result for Rangers to win at Killie.

What is it with Hibs keepers :)

Nor

Nor

Associate
OP
I don't think CL qualification has ever been as important. Rangers have seemingly already spent the money according to DM, and Celtic will only buy some more new players if they qualify.

Gonna be a big couple of days, which could go a long way to determining where the SPL title will go.

Soldato
Interesting read in the sunday papers that if rangers get through and celtic dont then it would probably mean financial parity for the old firm but it might be a bleak few years for rangers if the tables are turned and celtic streak further ahead in the money stakes

Last edited:

Nor

Nor

Associate
OP
Interesting read in the sanday papers that if rangers get through and celtic dont then it would probably mean financial parity for the old firm but it might be a bleak few years for rangers if the tables are turned and celtic streak further ahead in the money stakes

Yeah, sounds about right. Celtic seem to have stolen a march on Rangers in term of brand, merchandise etc, together with the added £4m a year from season tickets.

I think Celtic turned over around £75m last year, with Rangers turning over £45m.

Soldato
Interesting read in the sunday papers that if rangers get through and celtic dont then it would probably mean financial parity for the old firm but it might be a bleak few years for rangers if the tables are turned and celtic streak further ahead in the money stakes

I'd like to see that article. What do they mean by financial parity? Rangers might get close to our turnover this year? Possibly but that counts for little.

We would still own our own training ground, youth players, have greater sponsorship and more lucrative pre-season touring with Nakamura and the US tour.

Also, bleak few years for Rangers... bleaker than the last two? Can't wait!

'Mon the Belgrade!

Soldato
There was nothing much more in it than what I already said my friend. Cant remember if it was the Post, the Mail or News o the Screws!

Theyre the only three I read but they are recycled now - sorry.

Associate
rfc.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rfcwz6.jpg

rangers accounts ...looks good.
debt may increase in 2 years when the stadium expansion plan goes ahead.
Plans being put together to make the ground capacity quite a bit bigger than 60k

OH and if people are claiming rangers dont own murray park, your wrong the accounts say otherwise
I think Celtic turned over around £75m last year, with Rangers turning over £45m.

rangers turnover is 61million

Last edited:
Soldato
The last years accounts on that page for rangers look better than normal I would think as that year includes the run to the last 16 of the champs league.

The year to 30th June 2007 looks significantly worse I would bet with a much reduced turnover and showing a loss too.

Permabanned
What is it with Hibs keepers :)

They're crap? ;)

A few Hibs fans think that the common factor is Gordon Marshall and that we need a new goalkeeping coach. Whatever the situation we can't get on his back too much as this will affect his confidence even further and he'll turn into Zibi mk2.

However the goals he let in (particularly the 2nd one) were criminal :(

Associate
as far as im aware the 2007 accounts havent been released yet but we are 16mil in the red, this includes player purchases. We havent actually spent 10mil when you conside all the players sold, it comes to something like 3mil, its the same with celtic. The accounts this year are not that bad actually apart from the 16mil debt, wages are dowm again, turnover increased, costs are reducing.

hmm thats a massive massive increase in land value

Nor

Nor

Associate
OP
as far as im aware the 2007 accounts havent been released yet but we are 16mil in the red, this includes player purchases. We havent actually spent 10mil when you conside all the players sold, it comes to something like 3mil, its the same with celtic. The accounts this year are not that bad actually apart from the 16mil debt, wages are dowm again, turnover increased, costs are reducing.

hmm thats a massive massive increase in land value

Rangers' turnover last year was £45m compared to Celtic's £75m.

Back
Top Bottom