Pubs in Edinburgh.

Permabanned
Glad you had a good time dude, hope you have a good un on Sunday too :)

The prices in Edinburgh are even more expensive atm due to the Festival Im afraid, make hay while the sun shines and all that.

Soldato
OP
Glad you had a good time dude, hope you have a good un on Sunday too :)

The prices in Edinburgh are even more expensive atm due to the Festival Im afraid, make hay while the sun shines and all that.

Well she bought most of the rounds,my late birthday drink sorta thing.:p so i wasnt complaning.

There was more foreign folk than scots in Edinburgh from what i could see tbh.

Whats the best way from Glasgow to Edinburgh. Today i took 3 busses and 3 trains and it took me 2 hours to get home.

Associate
i was in edinburgh today too, jobhunting :).
i also noticed the vast amount of foreign people around, mostly english but a fair few scandinavians and french from what i could see/hear.
surely theres a bus direct to edinburgh from glasgow? i personally drove :D

has anyone been to faith before? it looks alright to me but i've never heard any review of it?

Soldato
OP
Eh? The last time I checked there was a direct train route from Waverley to Queen Street. Takes 45 mins.

I got the queen street to waverly train but i need to get to Glasgow to get the train first hence the bus.

Can get the city link bus but you are very restricted ont he times by the looks of it even though it is dangerously cheap.:(

Soldato
OP
the train/bus times wont be fun to work with on a sunday either.

Tell me about it! Going back to hers is a no no as of yet. Dont want to meet her mum n dad again quite yet. Hotel for the night = not a hope in hell(money). Just had an argument with my best mate whos cousins we coulda went back to....i dont drive so cant sleep in the car.

Could do my old get mad with it till the place shuts....arse about until the first possible bus/train and then recover for the next 2 days after that.

Man of Honour
Could do my old get mad with it till the place shuts....arse about until the first possible bus/train and then recover for the next 2 days after that.

Surprisingly not as bad a plan as it sounds, although the festival brings higher prices it also means that a fair few clubs won't shut until about 5am so all you need to do is find an early-opening cafe once the clubs shut and you can sit about until your bus/train is ready. :)

Soldato
OP
Surprisingly not as bad a plan as it sounds, although the festival brings higher prices it also means that a fair few clubs won't shut until about 5am so all you need to do is find an early-opening cafe once the clubs shut and you can sit about until your bus/train is ready. :)

I think this is what i shal do. Did in Glasgow from 4am - 8am:eek: just because i wasnt paying £25 for a taxi myself. Theres also nothing like a decent coffee to wake me up.

Permabanned
What about Opium or anything around the Cowgate .. mostly £1 a drink on weeknights :D

You could also check out the newly opened 'The Hive' just off the Royal Mile. So you get some good ROCK!!! music/atmosphere while you drink and lots of hot ladies ;)

Soldato
OP
What about Opium or anything around the Cowgate .. mostly £1 a drink on weeknights :D

You could also check out the newly opened 'The Hive' just off the Royal Mile. So you get some good ROCK!!! music/atmosphere while you drink and lots of hot ladies ;)

Well im out in Glasgow on saturday and will probably go to the arches if all goes to plan so i wont really care what sort of club it is. I usually end up at the cathouse with my mates and that does my head in sometimes.

Still waiting to find out what club she fancies going to. Dont think she finishes till 9-10pm.

Back
Top Bottom