Any creative types using Vista 64bit ?

Associate
Hi All,

I nearly got myself Vista 64 last night but had a wobble when I realized I hadn't done a proper software check. I use my PC for Video/Photo editing as well as gaming.

Do any of you lot out there using 64bit do any video editing and if so what software are you using ?

Can you run , Macromedia Studio8,Photoshop CS2/3 in Vista 64

I already know that Avid Xpress is not Vista compatible so i am probably going to end up dual booting with xp anyway. Its just that it would have been nice to use 4gb ram and to not have to switch for photo editing/web work

Cheers

Shorty

Associate
Yeah CS3 seems to work ok for me. One of the few that does though, can't get my version fo 3ds max to load the viewports properly. Also getting Cakewalk Sonar to work is being a big problem, though i put this down to mostly trying to use my onboard sound just as a testing point. Explanation: was planning to use my line6 podxt as my outboard soundcard but of course line6 haven't published 64 bit drivers. Don't do video editing so can't really help you there, sorry

Soldato
Yeah CS3 seems to work ok for me. One of the few that does though, can't get my version fo 3ds max to load the viewports

No probs here with Max on Vista 64, If you are using Max 9 you need to install Service Pack 2 and Instal Max 9 Extension 1_64 rev 3.

Although I've heard of a few folk that had a nightmare with Max on Vista.

Back
Top Bottom