• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1-3 Days?

Associate
neologan said:
gibbo what about boards? i cant get the Asus because of the BIOS problem. When will the Intel's or DFI's be back in?

I know its not ideal, but just order the asus with the cheapest Celeron 775 CPU - an extra £35, flash the bios and then sell the Celeron or keep as a fall back for when you break the conroe :)

Associate
I think there were reports on XS that you only need to update the BIOS to boot using an ES conroe, and the retail ones do work off-the-bat (well, long enough to get into bios settings and flash it).

I can't remember where on XS though, shall have a look...

Don
drunkenmaster said:
lol, tbh for the price a few places are asking for the asus they should throw in a free celery :p

You know thats not going to happen, I dont even get as much as a thank you for buying parts over £2k lol

Stelly

Sem

Sem

Soldato
unbelievable

some people will pay £350 extra just to get it early :eek:

for me that money could go towards an extra gpu or something

wish i had such disposable income :(

Associate
OP
Sem said:
unbelievable

so your saying people sell the X6800 for under £450, i would love to see this place...

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
neologan said:
gibbo what about boards? i cant get the Asus because of the BIOS problem. When will the Intel's or DFI's be back in?

Asus are willing to send BIOS chips out to customers who have non-conroe CPU to flash with.

For the moment I have not been forwarded a contact, typical Asus poor support but at least they are trying.

For now anybody who needs this BIOS please email the beutiful Portia:-
[email protected]

As she should be able to pass you onto the right department and she will no doubt tell me off for posting her mail address but I know you guys need to get BIOS chips for these boards so they work.

All Intel and DFI boards have sold out again, but lots more due next week. :)

Sem

Sem

Soldato
no was talking about the guy who changed his order from a E6700 to a X6800

not that there's anything wrong with that :) i would do it if i could afford to

Caporegime
he's saying people have gone from a E6700 to a X6800 just so they can get it monday, thats the £350 and quite rightly, the £350 could buy an extra 7950gx2 if you really wanted(well + £30). 266Mhz or a whole dual gpu card extra, i know what i'd spend the money on. but if you have the cash to burn who cares, i don't so won't. then again if i won the lotto i still wouldn't spend £700 on a cpu thats basically not going to get much further than a 6600 on air(most likely :p ).

if i did buy a x6800, i'd most likely get between 3.6-4Ghz on air cooling and be dropping the multi to that of the E6600 to get higher fsb/mem speeds.

Associate
Sem said:
unbelievable

Not quite that simple... i'm very keen to hit between 3.5 and 4ghz on air and have been worrying about the Asus's ability to run 400FSB day-to-day.

Therefore i just needed a kick to make the switch to the X6800 becuase the multi is unlocked and i can therefore, hopefully, have a high core speed without pushing the Mobo too far. i.e. 307x13 instead of 400x10

Its a case of balance i suppose.

Plus i can afford it :) Although it still hurts and i know its ott... just hope that i can stop looking and keep it for a decent period of time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
remember its early bios times on boards not widely available. plenty of people are doing over 400 already, and apparently latest bios on the budget $150/£90 gigabyte Ds3 board is letting someone boot and stay stable at 480mhz. doubt fsb will end up being an issue.

either way, Gibsterino, give us a hint when we might get a E6600 in stock?

Associate
drunkenmaster said:
remember its early bios times on boards not widely available. plenty of people are doing over 400 already, and apparently latest bios on the budget $150/£90 gigabyte Ds3 board is letting someone boot and stay stable at 480mhz. doubt fsb will end up being an issue.

either way, Gibsterino, give us a hint when we might get a E6600 in stock?

The 400 plus FSB results are on extreme overclocking sites, not day-to-day use. Will they be stable at that speeds? The longest Prime i've seen is circa 15 mins so far.

Its all unknown terratory.

Back
Top Bottom