• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1-3 Days?

I really don't think paying 700-800 for a cpu that that much of a big deal, I don't drink, I don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't own a car, no children, no wife, just me and disposable cash :), anyway once you've got an EE cpu you never have to pay the full price for one again, when the next EE cpu comes out I'll just sell mine and pay the difference for the new one.

jimbonkers said:
Want to know something even sadder than spending £775 on a CPU and 16 year old spending £775 on a CPU.

Dude it's not sad, if thats what your into then sweet, I know people just bit older than you that spends thousands a year on thiers motors.

eatmuchpie said:
I second that question; Gibbo, when are you going to get the 6600's?

/twiddles_thumbs

Gibbo updated the Conroe Extreme release date and posted on here to tell us when they will be shippping (I presume) as soon as he knew, I'm sure he will do the same when he knows more information regarding the other Conroes cpus also, chill people, if you want the conroe experiance early then join the extreme boys :D :cool:

Soldato
Sem said:
unbelievable

some people will pay £350 extra just to get it early :eek:

for me that money could go towards an extra gpu or something

wish i had such disposable income :(

Even if I had the money theres no way on this green earth I would buy a cpu for £782.

Good luck to you, but thats my opininion of it. ;)

Associate
Has anyone ordered the new BIOS chips for the ASUS yet? I still cant deciede on the Asus (bios issue), DFI (limited clocker?) or badaxe (overclocking without hardware modding).

Everything for the new build was going to be OcUK and it was all going to be ordered before last weekend. Then the MB crisis arose (worse than the cuban missile crisis IMO) and you guys stopped selling the VP930!! I`m hoping to finalise this weekend, will it still be possible to add to my original 6600 order, or have i left it too late??

Associate
jimbonkers said:
so your saying people sell the X6800 for under £450, i would love to see this place...

I think he means folks who upgrade to the x6800 for the sake of getting it early. I doubt there will be much difference between the two. With the 10 multi on the 6700 you will max the chip out at around the same place as the expensive edition.

Associate
lowrider007 said:
Gibbo updated the Conroe Extreme release date and posted on here to tell us when they will be shippping (I presume) as soon as he knew, I'm sure he will do the same when he knows more information regarding the other Conroes cpus also, chill people, if you want the conroe experiance early then join the extreme boys :D :cool:

No, it's part of the system! It's all a ruse(sp?) to get us to spend more money so we can have the best processors earlier than we'd get the entry levels. All you 'extreme boys' are just feeding the system! ;)

Come on OC, give us, at least those of us whom pre-ordered incentive to pre-order at least. I'm 18, yes I have money but it hurt to spend £900 on my new conroe rig. Surely spending that much warrants an early dispatch *hint hint*

Besides, if nobody fell for this EX6800 marketing trick then they'd most likely give up and release all the chips simultaneously.

See, we're onto you OC. :D

Associate
OP
I preordered the X6800 a while ago because think someone mentioned this before... it is like a fast/posh car/alienware pc, you can just sell it when the next one comes out.

Associate
Ooops thanks for the warning guys, I'll get on that :)

EDIT: How do you define the pixel size of text?
"A line of text is defined as having a maximum length of 400 pixels"

Last edited:
Caporegime
jimbonkers said:
I preordered the X6800 a while ago because think someone mentioned this before... it is like a fast/posh car/alienware pc, you can just sell it when the next one comes out.

firstly, you can do that with any chip, however the EE're most expensive, have the biggest premium and drop in value quicker. as people who buy them, especially from forums, will be more in the know they are more likely to spend a little extra over 2nd to get a newer EE that will likely clock better, etc, etc. where as selling a E6600 for a new stepping/revision will get more value buyers looking to save £20 and it will lose less value.

ok important stuff, i may have pre-ordered a E6600 from somewhere else that says out of stock only, but on the order confirmation said expected stock on the 19th july. YAY, good news, no 2 week/3week wait............ hopefully. obviously expected can turn into.............never, but we can hope its relatively accurate, so a small wait from x6800's to the lower chips.

Associate
lowrider007 said:
Dude it's not sad, if thats what your into then sweet, I know people just bit older than you that spends thousands a year on thiers motors.

Tbh... It is sad.

Should use that money to college funds or even renting a new house.

Nobody said spending thousands a year on their motors was sensible either though but it will do a lot more for you (Social wise, chick wise :)P), pratical wise (being able to travel from A to B) etc.)

UKTopGun said:
Tbh... It is sad.

Should use that money to college funds or even renting a new house.

Nobody said spending thousands a year on their motors was sensible either though but it will do a lot more for you (Social wise, chick wise :)P), pratical wise (being able to travel from A to B) etc.)

ahhhhh what ever, it's just 700 pounds it's not the end of the world, to some people thats not a big deal, others it is, what can I say, I can think of far worse things to blow your money on, if you wanna deem people sad b-cos of what they choose to spend their money on then so be it.

Soldato
Spend £780 the X6800, or save £530, by getting an E6600, and putting the £530 toward a 32" LCD HDTV?

Now it seems to me that the whole point in overclocking is to acheive value over what you are supposed to get for what you have paid out, buying an X6800 almost makes that not applicable at all.

Last edited:
Associate
For some, overclocking is getting the fastest possible, regardless of cost. For me, the idea of overclocking is as you suggest - get FX-62 performance for £250 (or less!)

If/when I do a full conroe build it'll probably cost less than the X6800 alone!

Back
Top Bottom