1 Weeks Notice

Soldato
I worked in Argos for 2 years. When it came to quitting, I told the boss, he said I'd need to hand in a letter of resignation, I went to the staff room, found a torn yellow piece of card and wrote something on it like "although my time at Argos has been useful, I feel I've saved enough money and since I'm heading to uni in a few months, I'd like to quit and enjoy my summer."

Signed and dated.
Joe

Vix

Vix

Associate
I have to give one weeks notice at the place I work, only thing is I don't start my new job until July, so I am having to keep quiet.

As it is quite an informal place of work, I shall just speak to my manager with the details and hand her a very simple letter just stating my leaving date and holiday entitlement.

Soldato
yer_averagejoe said:
I worked in Argos for 2 years. When it came to quitting, I told the boss, he said I'd need to hand in a letter of resignation, I went to the staff room, found a torn yellow piece of card and wrote something on it like "although my time at Argos has been useful, I feel I've saved enough money and since I'm heading to uni in a few months, I'd like to quit and enjoy my summer."

Signed and dated.
Joe

Yeah, really sensible.

Have the decency to write a proper professional letter. If you need a reference later it might make all the difference.

Soldato
I quit my job about a week ago and all I said was "this e-mail is just to inform you that I am handing in my notice and that my last working day will be the 14th of may" done and done! (on hindsight maybe I should have found another job first! hmmmmm, oh and I better change my sig :rolleyes: )

Suspended
yer_averagejoe said:

Signed and dated.
Joe

still not as good as me leaving sports world. worked there for 3 months on dispatch (paid more) a few hours a day. I said to them i was going on holiday (2 days before i went) as I now have enough money. Then rang them after and said 'ive found a placement job and wont be returning' the guy said 'ok see ya' hangup.

easy peasy!

Soldato
Sic said:
there's a member called BitchPlz so i dont see why not!

not as funny as...

44148e8c222f2.gif

Back
Top Bottom