• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

10.4a Preview cats (21/04/2010)

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
Working great so far, BC2 load times much improved. Combined with start round start timer i'm ready before the round starts now.

Soldato
Either these are rubbish drivers or the BC2 fix doesnt work for 4xxx cards

dx 9 loads a map in 15 seconds for me

dx10 (with these drivers) loads same map is 30secs

GGrrrrrrr back to dx9

Exactly,

If I use DX9 then maps load in 16s.

Same map on the hotfix drivers still takes 53s.

I think i was on the 10.3b drivers.

I did notice that the driver in the hotfix was older than the 10.3b drivers.

Last night I noticed the difference between dx9 and dx10 and i'm gonna have to suffer the load times cos dx10 is so much better.

Soldato
Ok so ive uninstalled these drivers,run driver sweeper,reinstalled these drivers and now load times much improved in dx10

will play properly later to see if theres any bugs with em

i'll give that a go tonight and report back.

Does everyone not get the CCC in the hotfix driver package?

Soldato
OP
Which beta's? When I tried to install the 10.4's over my 10.5 betas it said that the driver was older than the 10.5 betas?

10.x - newer than 10.5 beta's and I made a thread with them in about a week ago (maybe 2). The build version on the files is vastly higher than anything else out at the moment but they aren't performance drivers, more IQ instead (probably a firegl beta)

Caporegime
10.x - newer than 10.5 beta's and I made a thread with them in about a week ago (maybe 2). The build version on the files is vastly higher than anything else out at the moment but they aren't performance drivers, more IQ instead (probably a firegl beta)

Ah thanks for that. I missed those being posted. It was the 10.x bit which confused me. I thought you had put that as you couldn't remember the exact number ;)

Soldato
OP
Ah thanks for that. I missed those being posted. It was the 10.x bit which confused me. I thought you had put that as you couldn't remember the exact number ;)

Hehe well I could guess but it would be pretty pointless to do so. Supposedly they are a 10.6 alpha but who knows. The build version on them is 8.74 which is vastly newer compared to any of the current offerings. The latest official driver (these 10.4a) are 8.723 so its hard to say really lol.

Soldato
Instructions? Bah, never read them ;)

LOL,

anyway, just spent the last 30mins sorting this mess out.

I used the ATI uninstall manager to remove existing 10.4 hotfix.

Rebooted

ran driver sweeper and rebooted.

after reboot windows decided to install some drivers, so I ran driver sweeper again and rebooted.

This time windows did not install any drivers so I ran the install for the 10.4 hotfix.

Rebooted.

The driver version is now showing 8.723.5.0 dated 19/04/10 which gave me confidence and the CCC is installed this time.

used BC2 launcher set everything on high and DX10.

loaded up BFBC2 and went onto an empty server..............

16 seconds to get onto the map from clicking on the server...

Happy days.

came out and tried a busy server and went on in 14 seconds.

all good in the end.

So, don't read the instructions, uninstall through control panel, use driver sweeper untill it reports no ati stuff and whack on the 10.4 hotfix.
:D:D:D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
LOL,

anyway, just spent the last 30mins sorting this mess out.

I used the ATI uninstall manager to remove existing 10.4 hotfix.

Rebooted

ran driver sweeper and rebooted.

after reboot windows decided to install some drivers, so I ran driver sweeper again and rebooted.

This time windows did not install any drivers so I ran the install for the 10.4 hotfix.

Rebooted.

The driver version is now showing 8.723.5.0 dated 19/04/10 which gave me confidence and the CCC is installed this time.

used BC2 launcher set everything on high and DX10.

loaded up BFBC2 and went onto an empty server..............

16 seconds to get onto the map from clicking on the server...

Happy days.

came out and tried a busy server and went on in 14 seconds.

all good in the end.

So, don't read the instructions, uninstall through control panel, use driver sweeper untill it reports no ati stuff and whack on the 10.4 hotfix.
:D:D:D

In bold is where you went wrong :p

You never use driverclean to get rid of ATI files as you end up deleting system32 w7 files with it which then cause your system to have a hissy fit. Also you should have installed the new set of drivers BEFORE restarting the first time and you wouldn't have had any of those problems :p

dai

dai

Associate
Just got my 5870 today; Installed it and used these 10.4a drivers, Bad company in DX11/10 mode maps are loading in between 7 and 13 seconds.

Performance in game seems very good also; Was using a 8800 GTS to play previously but I've maxed all settings out with the new card and I don't see any slow down at all atm.

Soldato
In bold is where you went wrong :p

You never use driverclean to get rid of ATI files as you end up deleting system32 w7 files with it which then cause your system to have a hissy fit. Also you should have installed the new set of drivers BEFORE restarting the first time and you wouldn't have had any of those problems :p

No, you are wrong....

Read the thread, I followed the correct instructions and the driver upgrade failed.

By using driver sweeper I have sorted out what should have been a correct install but didn't work.

Again, driver sweeper fixed it for me, it's not where i went wrong.:o

Back
Top Bottom