10 Gbps

Soldato
I smile when people complain about not getting gigabit over WiFi, I have to remind myself it’s not really OK to punch someone when they follow up by saying it’s so they can stream Netflix etc. without buffering.

Caporegime
It's just a cheap way to grab headlines. Gigaclear 'announced' their 5Gbps plan back in 2016 but it's not on their website

Associate
Hi all - been trying to register for a few days, but servers been broke! fixed now thankfully.

Caught this thread from a google search, I’m about to join the wonderful world of 10Gbps sequential FTTP.

10Gbps up and down is costing me 225 per month (got some discount - usually 250/month) - seems a steal really!

Need to pick peoples brains on the best kit to go with this - started a new thread as didn’t want to clog this one up with talk of workstations etc..

Thread here

Soldato
It wasn’t just you. They bill it as an 8-port 10Gbps switch but it’s the two SFP+ ports that make it that. It’s still a nice product because you can drop 2 fibres (one redundant) into every room in a house and then use that to take you back to a top-of-cabinet aggregation switch with 8 1GbE ports in every room. That’s good kit in my view.

Back
Top Bottom