1000th Post

Soldato
Personally I don't see a problem. The chap has come on here, wished us all a good Easter and thought he would say a few words as he hasn't done so before.

But as per usual the majority of responses are OMG SPAM TAKE ALL HIS POSTS!!!!!!!111one.

Soldato
asim said:
lol I love it. Being punished for enjoying your 000th posts. :D

Its like we are all a lynch mob looking for someone to hang. "She's a witch, hang her!!"

Burn you noob, you don't hang witchs.

Just remember Panthro, next time you hit 1000 don't make a fuss ;) :p

Permabanned
lucasade1 said:
Personally I don't see a problem. The chap has come on here, wished us all a good Easter and thought he would say a few words as he hasn't done so before.

There is no problem, its just a bit of fun. The point of the thread was his post count, hence "1000th Post" as the title ;)

Soldato
asim said:
lol I love it. Being punished for enjoying your 000th posts. :D

Its like we are all a lynch mob looking for someone to hang. "She's a witch, hang her!!"

How else should Panthro be punished by his social group so that he conforms to social norms?

Do you have a better way of doing this?

Soldato
You got it the wrong way, if you want to announce your post count, make a thread thanking everyone and then mention it as a side note. Then you won't get replies like you have.

Enjoy your easter break too :)

Associate
thousand posts...

banana_orly.jpg

Man of Honour
Soldato
Raikiri said:
Burn you noob, you don't hang witchs.
We yanks hang 'em. Maybe he intended that we extradite him for hanging?

I haven't any problem with posting "Yee hah! 1000th post!" but I'm not sure it seserves a thread of its own. Ceartinly don't punish the guy, just let it be known that such threads are not really necessary.

Soldato
OP
I believe you have to do it yourself manually in the CP....but Im not going to bother for the time being :( ;)

I honestly didnt know about the whole "gloating" thing, which was not what I was doing. Apologies.

Man of Honour
panthro said:
I believe you have to do it yourself manually in the CP....but Im not going to bother for the time being :( ;)

Ahem, thanks *blush*

Edit:

And Billytheimpaler, its the thought that counts :p

Suspended
BillytheImpaler said:
I haven't any problem with posting "Yee hah! 1000th post!" but I'm not sure it seserves a thread of its own. Ceartinly don't punish the guy, just let it be known that such threads are not really necessary.

The removing of posts is a tradition on the forums under these circumstances, i know ive seen it done numerous times.

Its like starting work on a building yard and then being told to go and ask the storesman for a long weight, or a long stand, or the bubble for a spirit level.

Its part of the fun :D

Soldato
Haha, I knew what this thread was going to end up like when I saw the thread title!

Don't gloat again buddy! But have a good Easter! ;)

Soldato
woodsy said:
Some crap owl based image
Can we start deducting posts for crap owl pictures as well?

And don't anybody say we should nuke his post count from orbit. It's not the only way and it's not funny.

Back
Top Bottom