1000th Post

Soldato
bledd. said:
i remember the days when we all said "omfg i'm on 100 posts now"

no-one seemed to get flamed then

:p

Yes they did, or at least certainly all the whilst I've been registered on here (just over 4 years now). Usually the instant response from Feek or somesuch would be a postcount deduction suitable to the claim, usually 100 or so just to be mean and nasty :D

Associate
I would hazard a guess that someone just edited the php file to add a '-' to the front of post counts in forum thread view only.

If you check the user control panel or member profiles you will see the post count is still registered in postive figures ;)

Soldato
evil.jelly said:
I would hazard a guess that someone just edited the php file to add a '-' to the front of post counts in forum thread view only.

If you check the user control panel or member profiles you will see the post count is still registered in postive figures ;)

hmm...

/edit: youre right. my post count is increasing negatively and not incrementing by +1 :)

this means its just an interface hack in the output rather than changing values in the database... which would mean if it the postcount check for the MM has been done correctly it'll been unaffected. cunning, commissarios :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
The negatives are probably added after the colon in "Posts:". that way the post count value in the database doesn't need changing, it's just that - gets printed as part of the string title.

As for MM access being denied to gloat posters, I'd hazard a guess and say that nobody's had their 1000 posts reduced to less than 250 (the threshold, IIRC). if it were, I suppose that MM would be revoked. that would be an interesting thing to see if you had your posts taken to 0 whilst you had something for sale.

Soldato
Drazic said:
So are we all lossing post counts due to the n00b? If so cheers mucka, great one, real good smart move. Lots of cursing and blinding follows!!!!
Frankie says RELAX!!! It's all a bit of fun, and ironicaly the point is that post counts don't matter. The fact that you're stressing that you're losing post counts kind of kills the point.......

Permabanned
Drazic said:
So are we all lossing post counts due to the n00b? If so cheers mucka, great one, real good smart move. Lots of cursing and blinding follows!!!!
"How not to read a thread" skills - demonstrated with blinding skill, by Drazic. ;)
BillytheImpaler said:
The negatives are probably added after the colon in "Posts:". that way the post count value in the database doesn't need changing, it's just that - gets printed as part of the string title.

Soldato
OP
Drazic said:

your welcome.

Ive just noticed something about my post count. But I will not say anything. Apart from thank you :D You really do all care :D

Back
Top Bottom