• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080 TI Set up issues

Associate
Hi guys, I bought a 1080 TI for use with a 1920x1080 monitor. I had PSU issues but they are now resolved. I now have a problem with getting 20FPS in games like Overwatch.

I have read up and tried the following solutions:

I used DDU to remove all the old drivers and reinstalled the latest 1080 TI drivers.

I turned vsync off in game but this made no difference.

I changed power management to high performance in Windows control panel.

Has anyone else experienced similar or have any ideas on what to do or try?

My system specs are:

Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster P2450
Power Supply - Corsair RM 1000x 80+ Gold
MotherBoard - ASUS H81M-K
Processor - Intel I7 4790K
Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11GB
RAM - BalliStiX Sport 16GB

Soldato
Download MSI Afterburner and see what the graphs say - there are graphs for clock speeds, GPU % usage, temperatures, voltage, the whole lot. With that information you can see what's going on with the card.

Double check that your PCI-e power connectors are plugged in properly, some brands is a 8 and 6 pin, others are 8 and 8 pin.

Associate
OP
With Overwatch running. MSI says:
GPU clock: 1341 MHZ
Mem clock: 5005MHZ
Voltage: 0mV
Temp: 59

We are getting around 35fps. Running out of ideas on things to try.

Soldato
Make sure there is not vsync enabled or frame rate controls. Check that in nvidia cp that fastest refreshrate is enabled in global settings and atleast optimal performance so it ramps clocks up and down. Make sure high performance is enabled in power settings in windows.
Usually where i start. Clocks might look low but in dota 2 my clocks sit at around 15xx instead of my overclock 2063. Because its not demanding.

Associate
OP
I did all of those and now get 200+FPS on Overwatch. My PCIe Slot is only 2 so I can't get it to 3.

I am going to try Battlegrounds, but it looks like it is sorted.

Thanks a lot guys. :)

Associate
OP
Hey,

After a couple hours of play i'm having the same problem again.

I haven't changed anything. Not sure what this can be.

Any other ideas?

Soldato
It's possible that it's just a faulty card, or it hasn't been plugged in/seated properly. Something appears to have come loose somewhere. It's strange that it worked properly for a while, then stopped again.

Open msi afterburner, play a game in another window and see what the graphs say, especially clock speeds and GPU usage % - important that you can see both simultaneously

Associate
OP
Checked both sides, reseated. Getting 40-50 fps in Overwatch.

Thinking maybe it's a compatibility issue somewhere. Pretty much tried everything now.

Back
Top Bottom