1080 Ti Watercooling

Associate
Hi all

I've looking at purchasing a 1080 Ti as part of a new system I'm looking to build. I've decided to watercool it and it'll be my first time doing a watercooled build.

Originally I was looking at the Asus ROG 1080 Strix OC, but when I decided to go with watercooling I thought I best look at versions of the card which come with the waterblock installed as it'd be one less thing for me to do.

One thing I've noticed is that most if not all versions of the cards which come with the waterblock installed say designed to work with Phanteks case and Aura motherboards. So my question given it says designed for these specific components what if anything prevents it been used with other components?

For example the following card - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...rgb-water-cooled-graphics-card-wc-309-ok.html

I intend on having a Thermaltake Core X9 case and a Asus ROG Crosshair VI motherboard, would there be any issue using that card with these components and EK Waterblocks components for the watercooling?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
You would be good to go. EK components in the loop with the Phantkes block is a non issue. Similarly no compatibility issues and you can hook up the RGB on the block to the motherboard header and use ASUS Aura to get the fancy light show going.

Back
Top Bottom