12 Year Old Arrested..

At my school, someone in year 7 pushed a year 8 kid through a window, breaking the window in the process. He got suspended. At my mum's school, a kid hoax-called the police reference a bomb scare. He rightfully got arrested but that NY school should have had Alex in detention. Writing graffiti on a desk is a lot less significant than pushing someone through a window and hoax-calling the police!

Permabanned
Its ok its america, they taser children into showers if they don't comply.

It doesn't suprise me they will handcuff children for graffiti.

Small suspension or talk to parents would be far more appropriate.

Soldato
Overkill but she clearly knew she wasn't allowed to draw on the desk and did it anyway.
Teacher should have just chucked the board eraser at her head and that'd be the end of it, or perhaps a detention if they're a bit newage.

Soldato
Holy crap, talk about over-reaction!

I got caught drawing a giant phallus on a desk once, teacher laughed at it. :) Then he told me to wash it off. :(

Associate
That teacher must have made something completely over the top up when he called the police, as I find it rather hard to digest that they'd bother even lifting a finger for: "A 12-year-old has wrote 'I love my friends Abby and Faith. Lex was here 2/1/10' on her desk".

But then again, we are talking about America here.

Associate
We're only hearing one side of the story here. It's very over-the-top if it was just for carving some words into a desk. But there's probably more to it.

Exactly.

But more is not what people want to hear of course. We don't know the girls past behaviour with the school.

Soldato
Hang her :mad: doesn't she know how much care, effort and pride went into crafting those school desks just so that people could get an education?

Man of Honour
Reminds me of the time I got suspended from school for a day for writing on the desks.....I did call the geography teacher a word that rhymes with banker in my message and falsely accused him of having an affair with the history teacher though..... :D

Funny I know someone who did that at school - but I'm guessing you didn't go to Bucklers Mead even tho your from North Somerset.

Back
Top Bottom