144Hz Monitor Running at 60Hz no matter what

Associate
I bought the Asus VG248QE almost a month ago now, and the monitor just hasn't felt right. I have had it set to 144Hz in the Advanced Display Settings in Windows the whole time yet there is no difference between this and my 60Hz panel, in game or on Desktop.

I have tried unplugging my 60Hz monitor from the GPU and resetting the PC afterwards and still no improvement. people say you can usually tell the difference while dragging a window or just moving the mouse but both still look real choppy, identical to the 60Hz monitor

Associate
OP
Does it report 144Hz in Windows, the GPU control panel and on the monitor settings / info?

Also, I'm not sure whether this is a comprehensive test, but: https://www.testufo.com/ghosting

What does it report there?
Says 144 in UFO test but it looks identical to the 60Hz version of that site. I think the site is more of an expected results comparison and is slowing down the 60Hz row, as it looks far less smooth than when the display is capped at 60. It does report 144 in Windows and Graphics Software

Soldato
Most likely the cable tbh. Recently got a new 120Hz ultrawide and it would only go to max with the cable that came with it even though the DP one I had was the same standard.

Associate
OP
Most likely the cable tbh. Recently got a new 120Hz ultrawide and it would only go to max with the cable that came with it even though the DP one I had was the same standard.
Cable swap didn't work for my slightly higher one, might try the DVI cable that came with the monitor and see if that's any better

Associate
what do you mean wont display it?
if its showing in nvidia panel and showing in ufo test as 144hz then it should be running the same in games unless you have not selected the correct refresh rate in game options.

bear in mind if your using edge browser it only supports 60hz,

Associate
OP
what do you mean wont display it?
if its showing in nvidia panel and showing in ufo test as 144hz then it should be running the same in games unless you have not selected the correct refresh rate in game options.

bear in mind if your using edge browser it only supports 60hz,
It isn't displaying 144, I'd notice if it was. I can see the difference on my Phone easily, nothing is changing on the monitor despite showing up as 144 in Windows Display Settings and AMD Radeon Drivers

Soldato
Tried a full uninstall and clean install of graphics drivers just in case they haven't fully recognized the change in monitors? Is the correct monitor shown in windows device manager?

Back
Top Bottom