16 to 34 year olds in the UK watch 46 minutes of YouTube per day.

Associate
Joe Rogan experience some of them last 4 hours per session.

Bald and bankrupt - travel blogs
Harald baldr - travel blogs
Simon Wilson - travel blogs

Karl rock - India blogs

Jeff browning - scammer bids

Virre csgo - csgo montages

Dw documentary - documentaries
Vice - documentaries

Oxford union - debates and talks from all sorts of people from Brendan Rodgers to Tommy Robinson.

Spice eats - cooking
Cooking shooking - cooking

Bt sport, sky sport and UFC - sport highlights and full UFC fights

Cobra Kai - karate kid series
Origin - new series don't know what it's about. Space themed.

Probably a ton more. That's all I can remember just now.

Open goal - a must watch for Scottish football it's a podcast type show

Dr beau hightower
Sparkles
3kliksphilip
Beard meats food
Gordon Ramsay
Paul chowdry
Kevin bridges

Glad someone else watches Harald and Bald.

Absolutely love Harald Baldr's video. Guy is awesome. Me and the wife just loving watching his shopping videos find them so relaxing. His India one's especially the Desi Ru hunt are the best. Don't really like Bald as a person (has a very dodgy background if you look into him) but his videos are cool. Enjoyed the recent ones they did together with Simon in Mexico

Man of Honour
I'm just about in this age group and I watch at least this a day :(

Between tech journos, car videos, DrDisrespect streams, coding videos, I do spend a hell of a lot of time consuming YouTube content

Caporegime
Glad someone else watches Harald and Bald.

Absolutely love Harald Baldr's video. Guy is awesome. Me and the wife just loving watching his shopping videos find them so relaxing. His India one's especially the Desi Ru hunt are the best. Don't really like Bald as a person (has a very dodgy background if you look into him) but his videos are cool. Enjoyed the recent ones they did together with Simon in Mexico

What's dodgy about his background?

He comes across as really nice and as far as I know he used to run a hotel which went bankrupt in India or something.

Caporegime
I mostly watch UFC, space and tech stuff.

I have to play rain vids at night just to drown out the recent tinnitus I've got in the hopes of actually getting to sleep. That's probably an hour every night.

Pet Northerner
Don
I tend to listen to music remixes / old 16-bit game music during work, then listen to podcast / video essays as well as watchign speedruns and let's plays on an evening.

Far more entertainign than regular tv / netflix IMO.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Weird thread given that YouTube carries almost everything :p I watch far more YouTube than TV, all of my favourite shows are YouTube content as are the kids etc. I even signed up to YouTube family premium to avoid the adverts as we all use it so much. It must play for 5-6 hours/day collectively in our house.

Soldato
Weird thread given that YouTube carries almost everything :p I watch far more YouTube than TV, all of my favourite shows are YouTube content as are the kids etc. I even signed up to YouTube family premium to avoid the adverts as we all use it so much. It must play for 5-6 hours/day collectively in our house.

Same, live TV is obsolete.

Among political vids, this kinda stuff

Soldato
Probably 45 mins a day actively engaged/wastching.

Mostly travel, cooking and tech stuff. Then probably another 1h+ music videos or just not paying attention.

Caporegime
My 7 day watchtime is currently 28hrs... There's a lot of stuff to watch.

how do you find your watch time?

I basically have synthwave going for 7 hours a day 5 days a week lol

I also agree (I’m 39) that live TV is pretty much irrelevant to me now. I hardly watch it, it’s mainly stuff on Plex or Netflix/Prime I watch. The rest is the football/F1. Normal TV is absolute pants.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
how do you find your watch time?

I basically have synthwave going for 7 hours a day 5 days a week lol

I also agree (I’m 39) that live TV is pretty much irrelevant to me now. I hardly watch it, it’s mainly stuff on Plex or Netflix/Prime I watch. The rest is the football/F1. Normal TV is absolute pants.

I generally just stick on whatever the algorithm has served me up that catches my eye. It really is quite good at suggesting things I find interesting. 10 hours of it is commute and the rest is generally when I'm either doing otherwise menial tasks like laundry, washing up etc and is especially heavy during times of tech product release/political activity. I too frequent long audio streams, synthwave indeed, but recently more lofi streams.

Soldato
Mostly people doing the same stuff I'm doing. So sailing travel videos, repairing their boats in tropical locations, off road motorcycling, maybe a few about LiFePO4 batteries and off grid systems. That kind of stuff.

I definitely watch at least 40 mins a day. I'm just outside the 16-34 age bracket though.

The rest of my streaming is Netflix, Prime, and F1. Zero regular broadcast TV.

Soldato
My average is just under two hours a day according to the app (tbh some weeks think it's more than that though). Some of that is actual 'watching' time and some just 'listening' while doing something else.

Channels I like watching include various 'educational' ones and stuff others have mentioned, also enjoy:
Historia Civilis (Roman history)
History Time (history, I like the ancient history stuff)
Curious droid (random interesting topics)
Isaac Arthur (future space technology etc)
Matt's offroad recovery (episodic rescues of people stuck on the trails of Utah)
GTOger (random goings on and people getting towed off a parking lot in Dallas)
Atomic Shrimp (scam baiting, plus loads of other random stuff)
Call me Kevin (funny and varied gaming videos)
Also a bunch of more niche channels that do stuff related to A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of thrones (eg Preston Jacobs), and hill walking & Trekking videos (eg Scotland's mountains).

I go through phases too, where I'll discover a new topic and watch videos about that for a while then move on. Eg recently started watching videos about theme parks and roller coasters (channels like Defunctland and ElToroRyan). Before that it was 20th century warships (eg Drachinfel).

There's so much on YouTube, could (and occasionally do) spend all day on it! Find most of the channels I'm subscribed to so much more compelling than most stuff on broadcast TV.

What's dodgy about his background?

He comes across as really nice and as far as I know he used to run a hotel which went bankrupt in India or something.
If you Google it there are all sorts of dodgy stories around about past behaviours, youtube videos covering it as well.

Have you watched his first ever (at least first one still on his channel) video? Personally find it really creepy, bit of an insight into part of his mind perhaps. Especially considering the stories about potential sexual misconduct, shall we say. He does / has done collabs with people who have strong 'dodgy' undertones too, eg Irish partizan. Odd that these people seem drawn together.....

There's arguments to be had about what's just conjecture based on circumstances and unverified stories and what seems likely to be true, but personally couldn't watch any more of his videos and enjoy them after some of what I read. Aside from the baggage, once I started thinking about some of what he says and does with a less sympathetic eye he just started to come across as a bit thoughtless of other people and a bit of a ****.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I watch it for a couple of hours per day. It's replaced a lot of TV for me. I rarely watch TV now. Maybe a Netflix box set binge every now and then. But youtube for most other content.

Back
Top Bottom