• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Caporegime
I see what you are saying, but you are not taking architectural improvements into account. Look at the difference from Maxwell to Kepler, both 28nm as I recall?

My guess is it will come out 2020, don’t care what JHH says, he said something like that about 4-5 months before Turing came out also. I expect the 3080 will easily beat 2080Ti performance and trounce the RT performance.
AMD will have videocards that are faster, much cheaper and drawing less power than RTX 2080 Ti in 2020.
Well personally I think the "much cheaper" aspect is extremely unlikely to happen. AMD don't want to be much cheaper these days.

Second they have just about matched nV's performance and power usage with a significant node advantage. When nVidia reduce that advantage suddenly AMD are going to pull away out of sight? Again, that doesn't match with reality.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well personally I think the "much cheaper" aspect is extremely unlikely to happen. AMD don't want to be much cheaper these days.

Second they have just about matched nV's performance and power usage with a significant node advantage. When nVidia reduce that advantage suddenly AMD are going to pull away out of sight? Again, that doesn't match with reality.
To be honest I should not have quoted his whole post as I was just replying to what he said about nvidia cards. Not the last sentence.

Caporegime
To be honest I should not have quoted his whole post as I was just replying to what he said about nvidia cards. Not the last sentence.
I'd love to see AMD pull ahead of nVidia, because who doesn't love an underdog, but... nVidia aren't Intel. I just can't see nVidia allowing themselves to not have a significantly faster card than the 2080 Ti in 2020.

Associate
I'd love to see AMD pull ahead of nVidia, because who doesn't love an underdog, but... nVidia aren't Intel. I just can't see nVidia allowing themselves to not have a significantly faster card than the 2080 Ti in 2020.
This is worth remembering, of the 3 of them nvidia has the least diverse product range, if AMD dont sell GPUs they can still sell cpus or consoles, Intel have their hands in a bunch of pies, networking, SSDs, modems. Nvidia, try as they might, basically only do one thing. So they will fight tooth and nail to hold on to that market share. That includes every dirty trick they can get away with. But also hopefully means that when ever amd and soon Intel offer them competition, they will react fast.

Permabanned
I see what you are saying, but you are not taking architectural improvements into account. Look at the difference from Maxwell to Kepler, both 28nm as I recall?

I think nvidia cannot improve its architecture further. I think currently it's maxed out already.

Well personally I think the "much cheaper" aspect is extremely unlikely to happen.

RTX 2080 Ti price range begins at 1000 quid and goes all the way up to 1900 quid https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-31s-ea.html

If you think AMD is stupid to not challenge this with a 650-700 quid card, you are in a mistake :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

To answer some questions:
Shop is not open
Online orders be shipped tomorrow for delivery Tuesday
Sapphire and Powercolor NAVI stock we have 1000 units
Some Ryzen 3 cpus in stock and rest due Monday

5700 XT and 5700 are great value !!

Caporegime
Why? Look at intel's IPC improvements over the years. From Sandy Bridge in 2010 till Coffelake today in 2019, did they manage to get 20% IPC improvement?
Because there's no evidence for your claim that nVidia can't improve their architecture or performance.

No evidence at all.

Permabanned
Because there's no evidence for your claim that nVidia can't improve their architecture or performance.

No evidence at all.

There is an evidence that Turing is a very strong architecture without weak areas.
Also, this is my forecast based on information on recent and past products. We'll see if it is correct next year.

Man of Honour
giphy.webp

Associate
Hi there

To answer some questions:
Shop is not open
Online orders be shipped tomorrow for delivery Tuesday
Sapphire and Powercolor NAVI stock we have 1000 units
Some Ryzen 3 cpus in stock and rest due Monday

5700 XT and 5700 are great value !!

Nice nice gibbo

That's what we like to hear! Hope u got lots of haribos.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo what about the motherboards and cpu's ?

Hi there

As for some the sections are not populating you can find product here:

Ryzen 3000 Processors:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/processors?ckSuppliers=34&sSort=1&ckTab=0

Motherboards:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/motherboards?sPage=1&sSort=1

NAVI Graphics cards:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/amd?sPage=1&sSort=1

Our recommendations:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/processors/amd/amd-ryzen-3rd-gen

Good luck guys and sorry our site is not populating sections and making it easy for all to find....

Permabanned
Soldato
You were right, I was wrong. I now also don't see how AMD will find 60% more performance over the Navi 10 to equal RTX 2080 Ti.
I was confused, I thought the missing performance is between 30 and 40%.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt/28.html

The gap between Radeon VII and 2080Ti is 35-40%. That's the gap to close.

The Radeon VII is 331mm^2 and doesn't use the better shaders in the 5700XT.

Remember the 2080ti die size is is 775mm^2.

It's possible but it is likely power consumption will get in the way. At 500mm^2 it might get close. Nvidia also wasted a lot of die space with RT cores and stuff, so they should be able to respond easily if they give up on that.

Back
Top Bottom