1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

19" LCD

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by CheesePlant, 21 Jul 2006.

1. CheesePlant

Associate

Hello,

I would like recomendations from anyone who has a 19" LCD. I am after an amazing quality and high resolution LCD screen. I have a cheap TFT at the moment and and I can't tell the difference between white and light greys the colours are so poor. I have a Imac with a LCD screen and I get no reflection and the picture is amazing, I want one for my PC for gaming. I am after spending around £200 on a great quality and colours LCD screen, any suggestions?

2. Zefan

Don

If you're after widescreen then the Hanns-G 19" is by far and away the best one on offer here. Sure it only costs £140 but it's better than any other for under £200.

3. CheesePlant

Associate

Thanks, how do I tell out if colours will be better? I guess its a personal thing. That monitor looks nice, im not really bothered about widescreen or not. Are all LCD's reflection proof? I know some laptops look like there is a sheet of plastic infront of the screen which gives you major glare. This is going next to a window on its right hand side.

4. Zefan

Don

Some LCD's have glass infront as you mentioned which give them slight reflection (NOTHING like a CRT though), I don't think the Hanns-G has this.

What monitor have you got at the moment? You should be able to google it's name/model number and find out its specs which you'll then be able to compare with others specs.

5. sanofi

Wise Guy

Seconded, I just received this monitor from OCuk and its excellent, great colours and contrast as well as brightness, and also great value.

6. J1234

Capodecina

Acer AL1916 is good, widescreen aswell with no reflection.

7. quadboi

PermaBanned

The Viewsonic VA1912W is good aswell....

I dont know what to get The Viewsonic VA1912W or the Acer AL1916WS

8. Richeh

Mobster

Sorry to intrude but just a quick question regarding the HannsG.

Just got a 360 today and am also wanting a a 19" TFT but due to the 360 purchase the budget has been dramatically reduced :p

So I have set my eyes on the HannsG.

Question 1.

Is this monitor any good for the 360, obviously it being fairly cheap I have to wonder whether it will be worth it.

Question 2.

Is it worth buying the monitor + VGA cable when the its only 19" or should I stick to my JVC 28" Widescreen CRT? Is the difference big enough to warrant the size reduction?

Thankyou :)

9. Dark_Angel

Capodecina

Well, your CRT loses about 2 inches viewable anyway, since it is a CRT (so its only about 27 - 26 inches)

As for the quaility, with My Dell 2007 or Phiips 20", the quality is amazing. I also have a 28" CRT, and frankly hate using it rather than VGA thru either of the 2 monitors I mentioned.

10. Tarty

Gangster

Totally in agreement there, however it can be had at the same price as the Hans-g at a competitor

11. Burly

Hitman

Think about getting a non-widescreen, you will appreciate the extra space top-wise. Im getting rid of my Acer ws for the Hyundai thats on special offer atm.