19" LCD

Associate
Hello,

I would like recomendations from anyone who has a 19" LCD. I am after an amazing quality and high resolution LCD screen. I have a cheap TFT at the moment and and I can't tell the difference between white and light greys the colours are so poor. I have a Imac with a LCD screen and I get no reflection and the picture is amazing, I want one for my PC for gaming. I am after spending around £200 on a great quality and colours LCD screen, any suggestions?

Man of Honour
If you're after widescreen then the Hanns-G 19" is by far and away the best one on offer here. Sure it only costs £140 but it's better than any other for under £200.

Associate
OP
Thanks, how do I tell out if colours will be better? I guess its a personal thing. That monitor looks nice, im not really bothered about widescreen or not. Are all LCD's reflection proof? I know some laptops look like there is a sheet of plastic infront of the screen which gives you major glare. This is going next to a window on its right hand side.

Man of Honour
Some LCD's have glass infront as you mentioned which give them slight reflection (NOTHING like a CRT though), I don't think the Hanns-G has this.

What monitor have you got at the moment? You should be able to google it's name/model number and find out its specs which you'll then be able to compare with others specs.

Associate
Zefan said:
If you're after widescreen then the Hanns-G 19" is by far and away the best one on offer here. Sure it only costs £140 but it's better than any other for under £200.

Seconded, I just received this monitor from OCuk and its excellent, great colours and contrast as well as brightness, and also great value.

Soldato
Sorry to intrude but just a quick question regarding the HannsG.

Just got a 360 today and am also wanting a a 19" TFT but due to the 360 purchase the budget has been dramatically reduced :p

So I have set my eyes on the HannsG.

Question 1.

Is this monitor any good for the 360, obviously it being fairly cheap I have to wonder whether it will be worth it.

Question 2.

Is it worth buying the monitor + VGA cable when the its only 19" or should I stick to my JVC 28" Widescreen CRT? Is the difference big enough to warrant the size reduction?

Thankyou :)

Soldato
Well, your CRT loses about 2 inches viewable anyway, since it is a CRT (so its only about 27 - 26 inches)

As for the quaility, with My Dell 2007 or Phiips 20", the quality is amazing. I also have a 28" CRT, and frankly hate using it rather than VGA thru either of the 2 monitors I mentioned.

Associate
Think about getting a non-widescreen, you will appreciate the extra space top-wise. Im getting rid of my Acer ws for the Hyundai thats on special offer atm.

Back
Top Bottom