2 16:9 Monitors to 1 Ultrawide

Soldato
I currently have 2 monitors at the moment:
  • Acer Predator XB273K (4K IPS 120Hz)
  • LG LG27GL850 (1440p IPS 144Hz)
However I am considering changing both of these for a single 34" UW as I'd like to be able to have a monitor central to me rather than having to keep moving my next left and right (granted I know I'll need to do that with an UW!)

I've had a look at a few and the 2 that have grabbed my attention the most are the LG LG34GN850 and the Alienware AW3420DW.

Ideally I'd like to be able to change the resolution to 2560x1440p (when needed) when higher FPS is needed but I know that not all UW monitors support this!

I suppose my question is to people whom have moved from dual monitors to an UW.. was it worth it?

Associate
I run a 34" ultrawide with a 27" 16:9 to one side to display useful bits on. Whilst I wait for my 3080 some games I have to tone the res down to 2560x1080 as that way it maintains the aspect ratio. The second monitor is so useful to have at the moment I couldn't go with out it(I'm a teacher, I'm doing all my lessons digitally from home so I have powerpoint/whatever I want to display to students on one screen and the OBS studio up on the other so I can choose which cameras etc... I'm using when I need one on my face and one on writing I am doing cos I can't afford to add a wacom to the setup yet). If you are only gaming then one monitor is nearly fine and the improvement in immersion is worth it. However, I wouldn't want to only have one, I tried it for a bit when I upgraded to the 21:9 and missed the extra monitor even just for discord or to display some game pertinent information, so if you can manage it I would get a second budget monitor - my second is an electriQ, I took a punt on it as it was only £200 from a competitor site and it came with no dead pixels, a workable 95Hz at 1440p and generally impressively high quality visuals.

Back
Top Bottom