1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.4ghz USA and Europe power difference????

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by johnnyb, 18 Feb 2006.

1. johnnyb

PermaBanned

I got a wireless link to connect me to a remote location which gets on the internet, i get around 13mbit :)

BUT my netgear 802.11g access points only work when they are selected to United States. Is there that much of a difference in power regulations between here and there?????

2. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

From what I remember, the maximum output power allowed in Europe is 100mW as opposed to 250mW in the US.

3. MikeOCUK

Gangster

that shouldnt really effect it, if anything it should work better set to europe!!
    the US has more restictions, and so a reduced number of available channels. what AP's do you have and how are they configured?

4. tolien

Caporegime

Erm, two and half times the transmit power's going to make a hell of a difference.

Is it the same with the APs and clients closer together?

5. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

:confused:

You're right that there are less channels available in the US (1-11) compared to Europe (1-13) but like Tolien said, 2.5 x the output power is going to make a significant difference.

6. MikeOCUK

Gangster

it is, but i was unaware that it boosted the signal strength if set to US. I've got a meeting with netgear and linksys this week so ill Q them over it.