1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 quick questions

Discussion in 'Motors' started by MNuTz, 21 May 2006.

  1. MNuTz


    Joined: 17 Mar 2004

    Posts: 4,935

    Location: Market Drayton, Salop

    Hopefully someone here can help:

    1) Ive been told you can check online what things a car has failed its MOT on, anyone know if its true and has a link?

    2) Anyone watch American Hotrod on Discovery channel? Mike used to design, code and programme a big machine for cutting things out of metal like wheels and rocker covers etc. Anyone know what skills you need to do something like that, what is the machine called and what job title would that sort of job have over here in the UK?

  2. Mic


    Joined: 4 Aug 2005

    Posts: 3,869

    Location: Ireland

    Waterjet or CNC machine. Youd need to be an engineer as its not exactly a specialist job. Just some autocad (or other) knowledge. Which most engineers already posess.
  3. dalex


    Joined: 14 Jan 2005

    Posts: 809

    Location: gatesheed(gods country)

    its a 5 axis cnc machine tool centre , there are two ways
    1 as a operator
    2 as a programmer
    engineering background is normally needed for that kind of work
  4. ci_newman


    Joined: 24 Feb 2004

    Posts: 9,334

    Location: Hook, Hants

    It should be on the DVLA website BUT you need the MOT failure reference number and the cars VIN plate number..