1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 x 7800GTX's - should I sell?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by nO}{8, 12 May 2006.

1. nO}{8

Wise Guy

Ive had 2 7800GTX's for a few months now and theyre running well, but im thinking if im better off selling them and upgrading with the money to something better. I reckon I can get £400 for the two as a pair, what are my options? Im prepared to go ATI but would a x1900xt be better, or what about 2 7900GT's? Im very confused, someone tell me the best thing to do :confused:

2. Lanz

Soldato

I wouldnt bother. Surely 2 x GTX is more than enough to last you until DX10 cards come out. Unless you have like a 30 inch Apple screen, i doubt you'd even notice the speed bump.

3. man_from_uncle

Wise Guy

Well no single card will out perform your 2 7800gtxs, but a pair of 7900gts would run faster and cooler and overclock better. Though unless you're volt modding them it won't be a massive gain.

I agree Lanz, an upgrade isn't really worth it at this time.....at least not unless you can do it at almost 0 cost.

4. Silver21uk

Associate

dont bother

as the other guys have said, dont bother will be complete waiste. If you are going to waste money, get yourself a mail order bride. cheaper and more usefull

5. Cyanide

Mobster

My 2 7800GT's run everything fine on max settings, so I can't see why anyone in their right mind would want to sell their GTX's! :D

6. Kabaala

PermaBanned

Maybe needs a new willy to wave? ;)

Seriously though, there's nothing out worth upgrading to at the moment from that setup. Wait till during/after the summer and see what pops up. Even better, wait till mid next year and see how dx10 cards are performing :)

7. easyrider

Caporegime

Yeah simple answer is no point.