1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 x 7800GTX's - should I sell?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by nO}{8, 12 May 2006.

  1. nO}{8

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 25 Jun 2004

    Posts: 1,569

    Location: in the clouds

    Ive had 2 7800GTX's for a few months now and theyre running well, but im thinking if im better off selling them and upgrading with the money to something better. I reckon I can get £400 for the two as a pair, what are my options? Im prepared to go ATI but would a x1900xt be better, or what about 2 7900GT's? Im very confused, someone tell me the best thing to do :confused:
     
  2. Lanz

    Soldato

    Joined: 26 Nov 2002

    Posts: 6,855

    Location: Romford

    I wouldnt bother. Surely 2 x GTX is more than enough to last you until DX10 cards come out. Unless you have like a 30 inch Apple screen, i doubt you'd even notice the speed bump.
     
  3. man_from_uncle

    Wise Guy

    Joined: 9 Jan 2006

    Posts: 1,345

    Well no single card will out perform your 2 7800gtxs, but a pair of 7900gts would run faster and cooler and overclock better. Though unless you're volt modding them it won't be a massive gain.

    I agree Lanz, an upgrade isn't really worth it at this time.....at least not unless you can do it at almost 0 cost.
     
  4. Silver21uk

    Associate

    Joined: 13 Jan 2006

    Posts: 99

    dont bother

    as the other guys have said, dont bother will be complete waiste. If you are going to waste money, get yourself a mail order bride. cheaper and more usefull
     
  5. Cyanide

    Mobster

    Joined: 5 Mar 2006

    Posts: 3,968

    Location: Nottingham

    My 2 7800GT's run everything fine on max settings, so I can't see why anyone in their right mind would want to sell their GTX's! :D
     
  6. Kabaala

    PermaBanned

    Joined: 10 Mar 2006

    Posts: 394

    Location: Haggis country.

    Maybe needs a new willy to wave? ;)

    Seriously though, there's nothing out worth upgrading to at the moment from that setup. Wait till during/after the summer and see what pops up. Even better, wait till mid next year and see how dx10 cards are performing :)
     
  7. easyrider

    Caporegime

    Joined: 24 Dec 2005

    Posts: 39,676

    Location: Autonomy

    Yeah simple answer is no point.