• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2 x 7800GTX's - should I sell?

Associate
Ive had 2 7800GTX's for a few months now and theyre running well, but im thinking if im better off selling them and upgrading with the money to something better. I reckon I can get £400 for the two as a pair, what are my options? Im prepared to go ATI but would a x1900xt be better, or what about 2 7900GT's? Im very confused, someone tell me the best thing to do :confused:

Soldato
I wouldnt bother. Surely 2 x GTX is more than enough to last you until DX10 cards come out. Unless you have like a 30 inch Apple screen, i doubt you'd even notice the speed bump.

Associate
Well no single card will out perform your 2 7800gtxs, but a pair of 7900gts would run faster and cooler and overclock better. Though unless you're volt modding them it won't be a massive gain.

I agree Lanz, an upgrade isn't really worth it at this time.....at least not unless you can do it at almost 0 cost.

Associate
dont bother

as the other guys have said, dont bother will be complete waiste. If you are going to waste money, get yourself a mail order bride. cheaper and more usefull

Permabanned
Cyanide said:
My 2 7800GT's run everything fine on max settings, so I can't see why anyone in their right mind would want to sell their GTX's! :D

Maybe needs a new willy to wave? ;)

Seriously though, there's nothing out worth upgrading to at the moment from that setup. Wait till during/after the summer and see what pops up. Even better, wait till mid next year and see how dx10 cards are performing :)

Back
Top Bottom