1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20" WS Monitor Query

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Dodge777, 1 Aug 2006.

1. Dodge777

Gangster

Hey all

Considering buying a 20" widescreen monitor in the next few weeks although have one or two reservations about it before I do. This may sound a bit odd, but I can't imagine there are a lot of wallpapers around which are big enough to support 1600 * 1050 (that's the resolution isn't it?). So what do people do? Secondly, don't regular programs such as Word or web browsing look weird on widescreen - is text stretched or do pages not fit properly?

Also, if you've got any other issues concerning monitors being widescreen rather than 4:3 which you may think are useful to raise that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

2. Zefan

Don

They do exist here

Oh, no, scratch that. I have no idea. Try the major wallpaper sites.

3. Shamrock

Soldato

4. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

there's a ton of wallpapers out there and why would anything stretch :confused:

The only thing that ever stretches are poorly coded games and video if you choose for your player to stretch it.

5. Baddass

Don

loads of wallpaper sites out there for varying resolutions. As said above, word docs etc dont stretch, you just have more space sideways :) Just make a word doc window smaller on your screen now, and imagine dragging the side bars around to change it's size, that's all it does.

6. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I make my own wallpaper, just get any high res photo (or wallpaper that is not the right size) and edit it to suit. :) You don't need to reply on websites then.