£200 Exhaust fix, are they kidding?

Caporegime
OP
Bumpage!

I got it fixed by a different garage as part of an Inspection 2 Service, £450 including welding a new bracket to the exhaust (it had snapped) 2 front bottom suspension arms, air con re-gass and some other odds & sods.

Far cheaper than the £200 for just the exhaust job (!) or, £900 that my local BMW stealer quoted.

Incidentally, Both Krap Fit & ATS did'nt want to know as "the system needed welding and its stainless steel" :confused: , tbh, both seemed just not interested in getting the welder out! - Never had much faith in them, this just underlines it.

:)
Replicant said:
Is yours a 1997 E38 728i purchased last July, was looking at one of the BMW mags and noticed someone complaining about cylinder problems a month or so after buying, thought it might have been you, chaps name was Dave Routbridge i think.

No mate, got mine in August last, and, my names Paul. ;)

The car has a later design of M52 engine thats (so I'm told) not affected by the bore wear issue. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Replicant said:

No really, he's not being mean, take it on board as constructive criticism. You may think you know about how to dress to impress mechanics, but you haven't a clue about actually getting things done on your car. 'Independants and Kwick fit wouldn't know much past Fiestas and Mondeos so best avoided.' Is one of the more ridiculous statements I've read in this forum.

Back
Top Bottom