1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Ford Mondea HE ST24. Anyone here own one?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Zip, 22 Jan 2006.

1. Zip

Capodecina

So does anyone here own one? What would they be like for a first car? Would u recomend one to me?
    Tell me what u think of them if u own one.

2. Freefaller

Man of Honour

If you mean a Mondeo ST24, as in the V6 2.5L Duratec engine, then a few of us have had them on here :)

As a first car I wouldn't recommend as it's probably a tad expensive on the insurance side, and not very good for fuel efficiency, and is fairly quick. However I'm not sure how much of an issue that is for you down under. :)

I would reccomend one yes, I think they are fantastic cars for the money, even better is the ST200. There are a few things to look out for on european models, however I'm not sure if the same can be said for the Oz models.

3. Zip

Capodecina

I found one quite keep for what it is and i liked the looks of it. I wont be doing too much city driving so fuel effiency isnt too important.
    Insurance souldnt be too much of an issue because ill just pay it off with 1 or 2 weeks pay and go with out anything else for those weeks.

What should i look out for?

4. cymatty

Capodecina

How old are you?

5. DaveyD

Man of Honour

iirc, he's nearly 18 and in Australia.

6. cymatty

Capodecina

Ah ok, if he was 18 and in the uk i would have laughed, but now i cant. :( :D

7. c0caine

Gangster

Ive had an ST24 for about 6 months now and I would recommend one as long as you dont mind the constant trips to the petrol station. They are reasonably quick and not too bad on insurance and I havn't had no real problems with mine since ive owned it.

8. DezUk

Wise Guy

In my opinion they are great cars for the money and offer up some good performance. I have to agree with others regarding the fuel costs but one tip can can offer is unichip. I had one of these fitted and it made a big difference to my fuel comsumption.

9. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

I would not recommend one as your first car - go for something lesser, what about a 2.0 Zetec-S? They look the same.

10. Stonedofmoo

Soldato

How do these compare to the ordinary V6?

11. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

They are exactly the same but have fewer toys than the Ghia X, 15mm lower suspension, and a bodykit as standard on the hatchbacks.

12. Zip

Capodecina

How much would a unichip cost? Also how much of a difference do they make and what do they do?