2005/2006 F1 News and Testing.

Man of Honour
OP
4 drivers bio's to go....Then I can start on the technical and regulation changes... :eek:

I think that organisation will be needed next year. ;) At least this is keep me quiet as I'm off ill at the moment.

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
Alibaba99 said:
Does Penske still have their base down in Poole or did that disappear when they stopped manufacturing their own chassis for Champ car?

Pretty sure it still exists here as well.

Not sure who owns it or what state it's in though.

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
Ide's F1 debut in doubt

Super Aguri rookie Yuji Ide's Formula One debut could be under a dark cloud.

It is reported that the 31-year-old Japanese could still be suffering from headaches and visual problems after a crash in the final round of Japanese GT last season.

According to speculation, Ide might be asked to pass a medical test staged by FIA doctor Dr. Gary Hartstein prior to opening practice for Sunday's Bahrain grand prix.

Soldato
Who? :/

I'm getting all bouncy and excited now, 4 days to go :D :D

Predictions for this year? (Sorry if its been done, cba looking through 800,000 pages :p )

Champ : Raikkonen by a mile, he's 5/2 with the bookies for the title, best price you'll get all season, it'll be shorter than that all the way.
Surprises : I think Midland will be a nice little surprise for this year, can see a few decent points finishes for them. Also, I have a feeling Button will win more than once. Honda could be strong contenders for the constructors.
Disappointments : Alonso i cant even see challenging for the title, same with Schumacher.
Wooden Spoon : Toro Rosso or Super Aguri? :D

Soldato
Champ : Montoya, you know it's true!
Surprises : Massa, he's so underrated it's unreal, and I'll eat my hat if proven wrong!*
Disappointments : Ralf Schumacher, same old same old. :D
Wooden Spoon : Super Aguri, but they are my favourite team now so that's kind of savage.

*hat may be a nice meal instead.

Can't wait, god damn Thursday being left to go. It needs to be Friday so I can start my rampant speculations, lies and general flaming! :(

Really looking forward to this season! Super Aguri all the way!

Associate
Champ : Button, he's got a quick car and he's a consistant driver, it could happen - if Honda can manage their strategys and race as well as Renault/Ferrari have done in the past then they could win both driver and constructor! Montoya winning would also make me happy!
Surprises : Super Aguri. They seem to get widely panned, but they have a 2006 spec Honda V8, my guesswork deduces that the new chassis will be a modified BAR, they will be beating Midland and Torro Rosso by the end of the year.
Disappointments : errr BMW Sauber (being trounced by Williams!)
Wooden Spoon : Midland/Torro Rosso.

Theres been so much news and reading to do this year (flibsters fault?:D) I am probably more confused then enlightened, but it seems that the grid is going to be very close this year. Really hope its a good season with different people winning GPs - domination = bad imo...

Soldato
Yeah, I mean from testing you'd have to say that there are numerous teams that could be challenging for the front.
Renault, Honda, Mclaren, Ferrari, Williams, hell maybe even Red Bull could throw a spanner in the works. I'm really looking forward to this weekend! Hopefully we aren't left disapointed!

Man of Honour
OP
el_dazza said:
Who? :/

I'm getting all bouncy and excited now, 4 days to go :D :D

Predictions for this year? (Sorry if its been done, cba looking through 800,000 pages :p )

Errr.. Ide is Takuma Sato's teammate...

You'll be able to read about him in the thread that will be going up - TONIGHT. :D *I finished it....finally....*

Predictions...

Oooh...

I honestly have no idea.
Testing has been wide open this year.

Renault - Fast and reliable - definately possible for another top year. Alonso leaving could hand Fisichella the No1 status though

McLaren - Very fast and semi-reliable. Been getting better - if Mercedes can hold it together then they will definately be in with a good shot at the titles. Raikkonen top dog here, unless Montoya fights back *especially as his contract was not extended*

Ferrari - Not as fast as I was expecting and fragile - especially around the engine. More failures than Mercedes doesn't bode well. Schumacher will make the best of the car unless it's a real dog like last year - in which case he'll give up again. Massa needs to prove that he deserves the Ferrari seat.

Toyota - Been mostly reliable and reasonably quick. Trulli should do well again. Ralf needs to justify his paycheck though.

WilliamsF1 - Consistantly fast *Not the fastest though* and reliable. The engine appears to be an absolute peach though. Webber and Rosberg is an interesting pairing. Not sure Rosberg is up to it though.

Honda - Fastest throughout testing and the most reliable of all the teams in testing as well. If it continues then it definately could be Honda's year. However - Button needs a win this year. Honda have no excuses in '06

Red Bull - Fragile... Very fragile. Quick when it runs, but not completing a race distance *let alone 2* could be disasterous... Coulthard is driving to stay in F1 this year.

BMW Sauber - Done very little of note in testing. Seem reliable though. Can't really say more than that as they've generally tested away from other teams - trying to hide something?

Midland F1 - Pay driver linup and an obsolete chassis - albeit with a Toyota V8 engine - not been quick in testing - but reliability may help them score some points early on and at car breaker circuits.

Toro Rosso - Bulletproof engine and essentially last years Red Bull may help them if the FIA doesn't strangle the engine. Should be able to score some solid points.

Super Aguri - Honda V8 and a seriously outmoded chassis means the car is going to be a right handfull. New car coming out in April/May but will it be any better? Car also seems unreliable too. Driver lineup also dubious. The occasional point of reliability knocks out others could be possible.

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
lineaR said:
Super Aguri. They seem to get widely panned, but they have a 2006 spec Honda V8, my guesswork deduces that the new chassis will be a modified BAR, they will be beating Midland and Torro Rosso by the end of the year.

Can't use a modified chassis - they have to own the interlectual rights for the original chassis - which they don't. It'll have to be penned by their own designer.

Who that is - I'm not sure but they can't be that wanted if they'e not in a team already. They certainly haven't been spending big - mostly everything has been paid for by Honda...

lineaR said:
(flibsters fault?:D) I

Oh.. :p..... ;)

Just wait till the GP thread comes up... ;)

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom