2005 Australian Grand Prix - Time and most likely spoilers later. :D

Soldato
pinkaardvark said:
Guess I watched a different race, as I found it nailbiting. But then being a scot and a die hard DC supporter I had someone to root for :) The coverage was awful though, one minute it shows a RB engineer holding a nose cone then 4 laps later somehow DC has lost two places through the pitstops and zero coverage or explanation was offered, also the cameras were always following the abysmal MS who was doing nothing in the rear!!
That was a peeve, if anyone they should have followed Rubens cutting through the field and what fuel tactics they used to gain all those places.

Soldato
Yeah good point about the shocking coverage... We saw/heard very little of Rubens and FA yet these two drivers were the ones actually overtaking and making progress!

Soldato
The TV coverage was poor,we never got to find out how DC when down a place. I loved the MS statement that Hiedfield was not to blame for the accident therfore it was NOBODY's fault :)

Associate
clv101 said:
Click to download larger version ~500KB. I'm not convinced MS was really at fault. There was plenty of tarmac between MS and NH, NH could have stayed on the back stuff... which would have given him the grip needed to brake.

MS definately changed his line when NH came up his inside, NH did not know the extent of this and had to react to ensure the cars did not touch.

Not saying that MS was at fault, he was protecting his position!

Jazz

Soldato
Jazz_UK said:
MS definately changed his line when NH came up his inside, NH did not know the extent of this and had to react to ensure the cars did not touch.

Not saying that MS was at fault, he was protecting his position!

Jazz

Look he has gone on record to say "no one was to blame" So in his vernacular that as much an admission of guilt as anyone else saying "I was having a crap race so I thought I'd barge him off the road" end of story.

Associate
pinkaardvark said:
Look he has gone on record to say "no one was to blame" So in his vernacular that as much an admission of guilt as anyone else saying "I was having a crap race so I thought I'd barge him off the road" end of story.

This is the same argument that we had last year after Monaco. How can MS barge someone when he was in front?

As for the incident. Heidfield is looking down the inside, MS moves over to protect the inside line, Heidfield sees MS moving and thinks Oh hes getting closer so I better brake, in doing so he locks his front right which also does not help him slow down. Heidfield makes no attempt to unlock his wheel or change course as when he started the move he was aiming for the grass not the apex of the corner.

Back
Top Bottom