2005 British Grand Prix

Soldato
Anyone seen...this

And Whats all this about Max??? Taken from the above link

On one side are teams determined to drag Formula One out of a culture that they say is being torn apart by greed and intimidation. On the other is Ecclestone, Formula One’s infamous promoter, who turned the sport into a millionaire’s paradise with a worldwide television audience, and Mosley, a patrician lawyer and son of Oswald, the former Fascist leader.

Is this true?

Man of Honour
ashtray_head said:
Anyone seen...this

great news, that looks like they delayed anythiong tills eptember incase they did walk out. I so hope the teams do set up a new championship if its for next year orr 2008 I hope they do it..

Caporegime
AcidHell2 said:
great news, that looks like they delayed anythiong tills eptember incase they did walk out. I so hope the teams do set up a new championship if its for next year orr 2008 I hope they do it..

I hope so to, F1 has been really pants these last x number of years, this year has been more entertaining but not as good as it used to be, with all those big names wanting to break away wonder what will happen, the teams could do anything perhaps turbos will come back in :D

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Just had a call off my brother in law. He has a three day ticket and unfortunately can't make qualifying. Such a shame, looks like I have got to go :( ;) :)

Associate
Mikol said:
Just had a call off my brother in law. He has a three day ticket and unfortunately can't make qualifying. Such a shame, looks like I have got to go :( ;) :)

Nice one Mikol!

I'll be heading down with some mates on the Fri/Sat/Sunday from Hinckley!
What time are you going to set sail Saturday?

I really cant wait, weather looks to be decent as well, result!

Just a shame Kimi is 100% no doubt going to win the race! :(

Associate
In my home town, Hinckley, about 40miles from Silverstone.

It looks to be a really good line-up of the other race disciplines throughout the long weekend, suddenly the ticket price feels a touch more justified!

Caporegime
Yea, i just downloaded the PDF for the race schedule, (http://www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk/racecalendar/default.asp#F1) looks to be a packed 3 days, i was very sceptical of spending £135 but i figured this could be the last race at Silverstone so its worth it, £25 a night for camping n all :(

Makes me think how much of a bargain Oulton park was few weekends back, 50 for the whole weekend including camping :)

Man of Honour
Remember why it's £135. That and the sale of pitches for retailers are the only sources of income that the BRDC has to finance the race. That has to fund the stewarding, temporary grandstands, policing and all the other infrastructure costs, oh and £8million to Bernie for the right to stage the race.

The TV rights, trackside advertising, race sponsorship etc all goes straight into the wee bowl-cutted gnome's pocket.

Back
Top Bottom