1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 fiesta zetec s ?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by David _b, 7 May 2006.

1. David _b

Wise Guy

Hi

Anybody got a new shape fiesta zetec s 1.6 ? Much to say about them ? I quite like the look of them so just wanting some peoples opinions.

Thanks

2. subxero

Mobster

I have the ST, I would any many others would agree say that the ST is a lot more car for only a small amount more, such as the better interior, better alloys, better stereo, 150 horsies, and a nice optional blue paint :) You should test drive both, although insurance on the ST is a bit on the pricey side in comparison.

3. Toryglen-boy

Mobster

i drove one and found it was really quite nice. quite pokey and nippy etc.

:)

4. Rednut05

Banned

I have the 2005 model. One without the weird front lights and they handle a dream.

5. Kappa

Soldato

I've got an 06 model, its just a lowly Zetec, but the 1.25 really surprises me compared to a 1.6 focus, really nippy and really comfy but the ride is a tiny bit hard, but very responsive. Look really nice too. Cant imagine how much more nippy a zetec s or an st would be lol! It has really nice touches with the in dash computer, the interior seems well made (apart from the plastic of the glove box!), the 'one shot down' windows dont do a one shot up, if you know what I mean, that can be annoying.

Had a hard time finding a good driving position, but im fine with it now, great visibility and very easy to drive, + theres loads of space in the back compared to other minis.

6. subxero

Mobster

I would agree with this as well, the ride does get harder as you move to the Zetec-S and the ST, but then again you would expect that. I always thought that the 1.25 was brilliant in the previous Fiestas but I really don't think that it's gutsy enough for a bigger and heavier chassis of this generation. I was also surprised at how much room is in the back of these and in the boot.

My sister has the 1.4 on a 54 plate and I would say that that is plenty and much nippier than the 1.25.

The best thing about the Zetec-S is that all of the power is in the lower rev range so it's an easy car to boot. The ST on the other hand as all the power at the other end but it does sound quite nice :D

7. thepharcyde

Sgarrista

I had a 1.4 mk6, and it understeered a lot, got a focus now which is a big improvement. 1.4 was poky round town, just dont expect motorway over taking to be special but thats the 1.4, not the 1.6!

8. rdfcpete

Wise Guy

What was the old Zetec S like in comparison? [99-02 I think...]

9. Oakesy2001uk

Mobster

the old zetec -s are a cracking little car, not a nice to look at, IMO but still not bad at all.

10. David _b

Wise Guy

Dont think i have a hope of getting insurance on a 150 :(

Northern ireland = bend over. I can insure the 1.6 for about £1100 thats with 1 years NCB and 1 years clean driving been 19.

11. xcessive

Wise Guy

I've got one!
    They are fantastic!
    They look great standard and handle very well indeed. Most come with Aircon and some come with the full exlectric pack which consists of leccy mirrors and heated front screen.

The Mk5 Zetec S comes in Phase 1 or 2.
    Phase 1 was built from 2000-2001 and then Phase from then onwards.

Differences Between Phase 1 & Phase 2 Zetec-S'
    Phase 1

Centre Caps on Wheels
    Lighter interior
    Metal Rocker Cover
    Metal Grill

Phase 2

Plastic rocker Cover
    No Centre Caps
    Boot Release Rutton
    Darker Interior (Black)
    Engine has 3-Piece Crank Shaft end float bearing
    Plastic Grill
    Additional Lambda sensor in the exhaust
    plastic removable cover covering the pollen filter housing.
    Has more pics on the heater settings

Common problems:

Rust under door sill rubbers and below rear lights (is covered under 6 year bodywork corrosion warrenty).

12. David _b

Wise Guy

Well just had a play with some fiestas today. a 1.4, 1.6 tdci zetec s and the st150. They didnt have a zetec s 1.6 petrol so dont know what its like, does anyone know how it compares to the 1.6 tdci zetec s ?

The st150 was amazing and i can afford it and want it so much but insurance just is not possible :mad:

any reccomendations on colour ? Im tempted to get the zetec s in white and add the st150 stickers in blue.

13. David _b

Wise Guy

Forgot to ask. On the 1.6 petrol zetec s is there much room for engine tuning such as exhaust, filter and manifold then chipping ? much power increase ? How does the 1.6tdci react to been remapped ?

Thanks

14. subxero

Mobster

Glad you liked the ST dude, knew you would :D The Zetec-s isn't far off in all fairness, although the 1.6 tdci is only 90bhp so i'm guessin it's a bit gutless, go for the petrol ;)

Regarding room under the bonnet, not actually sure but have a look through some images here http://www.zetecs.com they usually have stuff like that. You can also get the ST seats in the Z-s now i believe :)

15. Kappa

Soldato

Zetec S - White - no stripes

ST - White - Side Stripes only
    - Red - Side Stripes Only

thats what I would go for.

16. David _b

Wise Guy

Ye the zetec s comes with the same interior basically as the st. part leather.

I seen a white ZS and it looked the dogs balls. Should i order now ot wait until january and get a 07 car ?

Thanks

17. Kappa

Soldato

I would say order now because its not that far off from when 06 started, or wait til 56, september isnt it?