2005 French Grand Prix

Soldato
Max was notable for his none input to the U.S.GP fiasco, so why is the old git flexing his muscles now?.The sooner he and Big Bernie are incorporated into a chicane the better for the F1 series.
I also hope that all the other teams jump on Ferrari at the first hint of their rule bending again

Man of Honour
OP
ashtray_head said:
Simon

Do you think Max would be stupid enough to ban some teams tomorrow?
Hope they dont get deducted points either then that would be like the FIA saying " Here Ferrari have the Championships"

Yes he would.

Remember what he was on about with BAR earlier this season.

It was a stareing contest with Max and Bernie on one side and the 7 teams on the other...

Max and Bernie blinked first. Max has lost face and will now take it out on the teams.

I'd expect - worst case for 4 teams to be banned - as that would then leave 12 cars which is the minimum before an event can be called off. It's the length of bans I'd be worried about - Max has been stirring the **** by saying that anyone who brings the sport into disripute *which he's claiming the 7 teams did* should get a lifetime ban from the F1 World Championship.

However not even I think he's that stupid.

All they did was follow Max's own instructions. If you feel the car is unsafe - bring it into the pits and inspect it. If you still feel it is unsafe - retire it.

They did - now he's throwing a wobbler..

There were solutions available - none were particularly safe tbh. The best of a bad bunch was the chicane between turns 12 and 13.

FIA were determined to run something very stupid. Either just slowing down round turn 13 *dangerous as hell - and would look so bad* or running through the pitlane *dangerous as well - would look so stupid - also dangerous when it came to the pit stops - in theory you could constantly have cars in the pit lane*

IMO - the very worst the teams should get is: Suspensed ban and a fine.

I suspect that Max is putting pressure on the WMSC to ban at least 1 of the teams...if that happens...who knows what the 7 will do.

I think they are going to display a united front against the FIA - one out, all out type of mentality.

Tomorrow could be the day that kills F1..

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
Mate has emailed me some sigs if anyone would like to use them please feel free to download and use them..

They've been resized for OcUK

blackday2.jpg

fia.jpg

GPWC.jpg

max.jpg

usgpsig.jpg

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
Oooh...other good news.

Panis will be back on track on Friday after Toyota swapped Zonta for Panis as their 3rd driver...

Also...

Max Mosley has been quoted as saying "The governing body will always win"

That doesn't bode well...

And Sir Frank Williams has been quoted as saying "Max just wants to humiliate us. I fear this is not a battle we can fight and win."

Simon/~Flibster

Last edited:
Permabanned
Max and Bernie have been ruining F1 for too long.

If one team gets banned, the rest should leave. The season can not continue with six cars. The FIA needs to realise that F1 should be a sport governed byt he teams and the FIa. Not by the FIA/Max FORCING the teams to bend to his will.

*n

Suspended
they should **** the FIA and have their own championship run by the team bosses with a EU style rotating presidency.

Also I think there should be a no holds barred racing circuit where there are no dumb rules, whatever is fastest wins no matter what technology is used.

Associate
Just seen this on the Beeb's site. linky

Seems like Michelin are a tad peeved with Uncle Max, as well.

Can't say as I blame them.

Will there be F1 as we know it next season - lots of big players seem to be backing themselves into positions they won't get out of easily!

Alan Woodford

Soldato
I think Max should be charged with bringing the sport into disrepute. He's a complete fool wh nobody either trusts or likes. He has no idea what he is doing, senile old *******!
If only he would resign PROPERLY, and not come back when he realises nobody likes him.
Surely there must be a way to get rid of him, other than a professional hitman, the amount of hatred everyone, and I mean everyone, has for him must mean he could be voted out?

Man of Honour
OP
Full press release from Michelin

http://www.michelinsport.com/sport/actualites/en/act_affich.jsp?news_id=15502&lang=EN&codeRubrique=61# said:
2005 United States Formula 1 Grand Prix, Indianapolis

Straight talk and a sincere gesture for the American spectators:
It could have been an exciting race

One week after the Indianapolis Grand Prix, Michelin wishes to make a sincere gesture of goodwill towards the people present at the GP, a group whose passion for F1 is encouraging in the development of this sport in the United States.

Therefore, on our own initiative and in total solidarity with our partners, we have taken two decisions:

1. Michelin has decided to contribute to the costs incurred by the spectators present at the circuit on Sunday June 19th 2005 by offering to refund their tickets. This is an important decision, since Michelin is not at all legally bound to do this.

Michelin deeply regrets that the public was deprived of an exciting race and therefore wishes to be the first, among the different groups involved in the Indianapolis race, to make a strong gesture towards the spectators.

2. Michelin also offers to buy 20,000 tickets for the 2006 U.S. Grand Prix to be given to spectators who were present at the Indianapolis race in 2005. We are offering this to promote further Formula 1 interest in the United States.

We would also like to take this opportunity to underline the fact that it is unacceptable that our partner teams have been accused by the FIA of having boycotted the Indianapolis Grand Prix. The reality is that together, Michelin and its partners have done everything possible to assure that the race could take place in total safety.

We are extremely disappointed that the proposals made with all our teams were not accepted. These proposals, including a chicane, were technically viable and totally met all safety requirements. On Sunday morning, June 19, the sporting authority had all the means necessary to preserve the interest of the race.

And yet, the sporting authority rejected the proposed solutions. Why? In our view this is totally incomprehensible and reflects a lack of respect for the spectators.

It is the spirit of respect for the spectators that brought us, with our partners, to propose solutions to allow the race to take place in total safety. It is this same spirit that leads us today to make this gesture.

Well - nice to see they've just laid the blame at the FIA's door there. ;)

Plus thats going to take a lot of the wind out of the FIA's sales with regards to the punishment..

Hmmmm...

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
That's a good move by Michelin. I hope the 7 teams do put up a united front against Max and that Jordan and Minardi say they will back any decision taken so Max and J.Todd can go play with themselves :)

Man of Honour
OP
Hold on there boyo's....the hearing hasn't started yet!

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2005/June/290605-01.html said:
The FIA welcomes the announcement made by Michelin of a compensation package for the spectators of the 2005 United States Grand Prix.

However, the FIA strongly contests the version of events detailed in Michelin's press release of June 28 and rejects the views expressed in Edouard Michelin's widely publicised letter to the FIA President of June 27.

The exchange of correspondence between the FIA President and the Chief Executive of Michelin was deliberately leaked to members of the Press, we are therefore placing the complete exchange of correspondence in the public domain.

Paris, June 29, 2005

It then lists all the documentation - just copy and paste the linky above..

Hmmmm....

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
Flibster said:
Started already - 09:30 French time

Press conference with Max Mosely no earlier than 15:00 French time.

Simon/~Flibster

Cheers Flibster. Should be very interesting. The news better not trash my weekend though! :(

Man of Honour
OP
After reading the whole of the FIA stuff about this - I'm now expecting at least 1 ban to come from this. :(

I'm not going to say which team I suspect - but it's a biggie...

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom