2005 French Grand Prix

Man of Honour
Latest: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/4636325.stm

Red Bull has joined the other six teams using Michelin tyres in appealing against a guilty verdict on two charges arising from the US Grand Prix fiasco.
After spending five days considering their options, Red Bull said on Tuesday they had no option but to appeal.

Renault, McLaren, Toyota, Williams, BAR and Sauber last week expressed their disappointment at the FIA's ruling.

The teams were found guilty of failing to ensure they had suitable tyres and wrongfully refusing to start the race.

They were two of the five charges they faced; penalties will follow on 14 September.

The Michelin-equipped teams withdrew after the formation lap at Indianapolis because the French company said it could not guarantee the safety of the tyres through the final high-speed banked corner.

A request for a temporary chicane was ruled out by the FIA.

Soldato
Flibster said:
Oh..and the letter from Max Mosley to David Coulthard *who he seems to have singled out as the GPDA ring leader...*

Hmmm....you're not impressing anyone Max...

*points to sig again....*

David is 100% correct and Max starts spinning the bull (not the Red Bull!! :D )

Max..........you're a ******! :p

Stop ruining one of my fave sports :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Actually......... mmmm we could give max some Red Bull...he could then fly back to La La Land

Associate
ashtray_head said:
At least Kimi overtook more than one car on the TRACK and shuey was lucky (as Jense was asleep) to mug him for that position

Who did Kimi overtake on track? He did the same as MS in overtaking when everbody went into the pits.

Soldato
We all thought immediately that Kimi should have been driver of the day, but then realised it was the general strategy that got him into 2nd, and he was behind Massa for 15 laps!

Soldato
rpstewart said:
You don't need carbs to do that. I can remember standing at the entrance to Stowe, Silverstone 1995, as Panis came down the Hangar Straight in the Ligier Mugen. At the time the Mugen was one of the more powerful engines but also by far the loudest, the downshift into Stowe was a sight to see and hear. 3 gears down, no gaps, just bang bang bang as the ECU backfired the engine to drop the revs. Each downshift was accompanied by a gout of flame out of both banks that I was sure would ignite the rear end of the car!

Was this the year Jonny Herbert won? I was at Stowe that year for my first taste of F1 in the flesh.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
ashtray_head said:
Was this the year Jonny Herbert won? I was at Stowe that year for my first taste of F1 in the flesh.

Yup, DH & MS went into the kitty litter at Priory almost handing DC his first win, I think he had to make a late stop or something that allowed Johnny through for his first win.

Likewise that was my first trip to a GP too - managed to get front row seats right on the start line!

Back
Top Bottom