2005 Italian Grand Prix

Man of Honour
OP
Byron5184 said:
Hasnt Alesi changed since he was racing, i didnt even recognise him at first until his name was said, Berger is still easily recognisable :)

Looks the same as he always has...

Especially as he's still racing. He's doing pretty well in DTM

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
All ready to go...

All I need is some nibbles...and ice cream - hot as hell here.

Been rying to wash the car - it's got grease all over it from the pub next door having bbq's... Real bugger to wash off. :(

Anyway...news time...

Ecclestone expects Raikkonen to join Ferrari

Bernie Ecclestone expects Kimi Raikkonen to join Ferrari for the 2007 season, once Michael Schumacher's contract with Scuderia expires and the German will retire.

Mr Formula One is pretty sure that Michael will not race for any other team in F1 but Ferrari for the rest of his carrier. "Schumacher will end his career at Ferrari," Ecclestone said in Gazzetta dello Sport. "And I'm ready to bet that in 2007 Raikkonen will be in a Ferrari," he concluded.

Man of Honour
OP
Honda to own BAR entirely?

Our sources from Monza paddock heard that Honda is keen to purchase the rest of
shares in the BAR team from British American Tobacco (BAT) and own it entirely. If this will happen, the name of the team will be changed into Honda.

BAT formed British American Racing (BAR) in late '90s in order to promote the company's main brands Lucky Strike and 555. However, the new Anti-Tobbacco legislation, introduced this year, affected BAT plans and there is no reason for them to stay in as long as they cannot advertise their products any more.

Honda has already purchased 40% of BAR last year.

Man of Honour
OP
This one is funny. :D

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=33935&PO=33935 said:
FERRARI PRESIDENT HITS OUT AT F1 RULES

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has hit out at the current state of Formula 1 during Ferrari's annual dinner with the press at Monza.

The charismatic Italian claims that one-lap qualifying, the single-tyre rule and the tyre war are ruining the essence of Formula 1 and turning its stars into "taxi drivers".

"Every year the rules change and I do not like this current qualifying format," he said.

"It does nothing for the public and nothing for the TV viewers and it is not good for the sport."

"I am old enough to remember some great qualifying, with all the cars on the track at the same time. I remember for example Ayrton Senna taking pole at the very last second here in Monza.

"That is sport that is life. I want competition on Sunday but also on Saturday."

Montezemolo, whose team has struggled to be competitive on Bridgestone's long-life tyres with this year's regulations, claims that the regulation which demands drivers stay on the same tyres for qualifying and the entire race go against the spirit of F1.

"I do not like to have a race where I have to look after my tyres. If I want to change tyres every lap then I should be allowed to.

"I don't know why I should use the tyres I raced with on Sunday to drive home with on Monday!

"I look forward to having F1 with better overtaking but I still think the key problems in our sport is that we need extreme technology and research."

Bridgestone's rival Michelin re-iterated its opposition to the 2008 regulations which call for F1 to have a single tyre supplier.

The French company is expected to announce its withdrawal from the sport during the Belgian Grand Prix next weekend, but unsurprisingly Montezemolo indicated that he would pleased to see tyre's have less influence on the outcome of a race.

"I do not like a championship where tyres are more important than drivers and cars," he said.

"I am not happy to see the crowds and TV viewing figures going down. I don't like to see boring races and I don't like to see super-boring qualifying.

"I am not happy to see "taxi drivers" saving their tyres for the last 20 laps of a race. I am not happy to see this current Formula 1.

So....when they're continously winning - the rules are prefect and don't need changing...

However - now they're a mid table team - all the rules are crap? Montezemolo....what an arse...

Simon/~Flibster

Caporegime
Formula One showing what a joke it is once again.

Kimi has clearly been the best driver this season but just because McLaren can't get their act together he is once again penalised 10 places.

Bring on A1 racing.

Man of Honour
OP
ashtray_head said:
no thanks I don't speak solictor language :D

I had to learn how to translate them...

I lived my work life to this book/s for a few years - made me what I am today...

Warped, sick and twisted...
party1.gif

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom