2006 FIFA World Cup (X360)

Soldato
KennyBhoy said:
/dons flame proof jacket

No your not.....I don't like them either :eek:

/runs

There is something very, very wrong with you, i suggest seeing a doctor asap tbh :p

Pro - evo has always been better than Fifa, it took me alitle bit to get used to it as it is slower and much more difficult than Fifa, but once you get used to it it is so much more rewarding it's untrue, a 2-0 win on PES is actually an achievement, while on FIFA even on the hardest settings anything less than a 3-0 is a dissapointment.

Associate
I'd be interested to hear a few opinons as well.

Eurogamer.net gave it a 7 out of 10 although has mentioned the game comes with an infuriating "jostling foul" bug + online play is cripplingly laggy

Might take a dander up the high street tomorrow to see if any of the demo stands have it on show

Is there a demo on the marketplace yet?

Soldato
i also hate the PES games, well maybe hate a strong word. Prefer FIFA - i will get the club edition, im guessing Fifa 2007 as i like the manager part :)

Soldato
Played it online this morning against a friend of mine and it was completely lag free.

I still haven't really played much so far but I'm enjoying it and it definately appears more polished than RTWC was.

Edit: Having just read the Eurogamer article I wonder why they had so much trouble with lag whilst playing online? I must have played for a good hour online this morning, maybe longer and not once did the game lag, it was as smooth as playing offline.

Last edited:
Soldato
played this in game this morning, prefered RTWC, but i hate most games until i play for a few hours. Might rent this from game and see

EDIT can someone confirm 2 people on one xbox can play over xbox live

i.e you and a mate, VS sum1 in germany

Last edited:
Soldato
Just been playing this, seems an improvement over RTWC and you can tell more effort has been put into it. The graphics are nice, but I get the feeling the player models and a few other things have taken a step back. Stadiums and crowd effects are nice though.

Gripes are that it still doesnt feel totally tight when playing, the music choice seems very random, and the EA points system or whatever they call it seems intent on taking over the game. Why couldnt they have just purely used the existing Live acheivements instead of messing about with their own?

PES is still safe :p

Soldato
It's a big improvement over previous Fifa titles that's for sure. Was playing it for 8 hours or so yesterday and while it's fun for a short while it does get tedious.

The through ball is way too effective and it's too easy to score. I don't want to play on the highest setting because of the rest. The ball physics are terrible, it seems to slide around a lot (Ice Hockey anyone ;) ), the flight of the ball is laughable at times, totally unrealistic, the pitches are totally bump free, even the ones with no grass on them in the qualifiers, and where has the clothing flap gone, taken out to improve frame rate in cut scenes? All of the above is just about forgiveable as it can be fun but the frame rate in-game isnt. At times it slows to a crawl, expecially at corners and makes corner routines all but useless and gives me a headache. I think I'll be taking mine back. I tried to like it, I really did but unfortunately I'd only give it 6/10 for effort.

Soldato
RoB- said:
All of the above is just about forgiveable as it can be fun but the frame rate in-game isnt. At times it slows to a crawl, expecially at corners and makes corner routines all but useless and gives me a headache. I think I'll be taking mine back. I tried to like it, I really did but unfortunately I'd only give it 6/10 for effort.

Strange, I have seen very little in the way of slow down when actually playing, its probably the biggest improvement over RTWC.

There are the occasional drops, but to say it 'slows to a crawl' is rather OTT if you ask me.

Soldato
It slows to a crawl at corners everytime. There are other slow downs too although not as bad during normal gameplay too. This was a problem on Fifa 05 (last I played) and find it shocking they can't put it right for the 360. Shame cos the game is a lot better than previous Fifas.

Back
Top Bottom