2006 FIFA World Cup (X360)

Associate
I bought this yesterday its not the worlds best football game but its enjoyable, its not as good as pro evo but as there's not a pro evo game out for the 360 yet its a bit pointless to compare them. I know pro evo 5 works on the 360 but I didn't buy this console to play xbox games. I played the game for about 6 hours with a mate yesterday and no doubt I'll be playing it a lot with friends again. For a game to enjoy while drinking beer before and during the world cup I don't think you can beat it. It does stutter abit near the sidelines and at corners but its not too bad normally. Its worth buying for £40 if your going to play with friends if your just looking for a game to play on your own I'd probably wait till its cheaper or buy something else.

Soldato
I had a play in HMV yesterday and I thought it was shockingly bad. Ball physics were practically non-existant, it was not unlike pinball. And the buttons I were pressing didn't really seem to have much bearing as to what was happening on the screen.

Soldato
RoB- said:
What camera view do you have?

I use broadcast and honestly, it crawls during corner kicks.

Its set to default here, action cam I think? 6 notches on cam height, and 3 on zoom level (just checked).

Man of Honour
i got it yesterday, won the world cup this morning, i love this game, havent brought a fifa before this since 2002, as i fell in love with PES. But seeing as there isnt gonna be a new fifa or PES for a while i settled for this as i wanted a football game for the 360.

But its awesome, frustrating at first gettin used to the fifa playing style again, but its definatley worth a purchase i reckon. Multiplayer is fantastic as well, played a few of me mates yesterday and was a great laugh.

Few framerate issues on broadcast view, but noway near as bad as some are making out

8/10 for me

Soldato
Found one very annoying bug, and one I'm not sure of.

I've changed the controls to 'New Analogue' to make it play more like PES, as I find the default 'Classic Analogue' to be rubbish.

It loads this setting up fine when you boot the game, and you can then play a game and it will keep the controls no problem. However the very next game its defaulted back to the classic controls, without any intervention from me at all :mad:

Extremely annoying, and I also had the same problem in the only online game I've had so far. Had to play a whole half with the wrong controls because there was no way to change them until half time, grrrrrr.

Also, are you supposed to get the passport stamps when you are going through the Global Challenge mode? If you are, mine isnt working. It brings the (closed) passport up at the end of the match, but no new stamps are added.

Soldato
Only noticed i get Passport stamps in the World Cup mode.....And maybe in Friendlies (i think?)

Funny you should mention the Settings not saving bug.......Not Fifa but another EA game, Fight Night 3, I set my Boxers looks and save it......Works for the first fight but the very next fight, it's back to looking how i don't want it? :(

Soldato
I wouldnt be surprised if EA used the same basic code for the menus in all their games.

It's especially annoying in Global Challenge as I have to pause the beginning of every match and change the controls that way.

Soldato
Nismo said:
I wouldnt be surprised if EA used the same basic code for the menus in all their games.

It's especially annoying in Global Challenge as I have to pause the beginning of every match and change the controls that way.

Yeah, it's annoying! When I did my first challenge I wondered what was up with the controls, then I realised.

Edit: Actually, it appears to have saved my settings somehow now. Oddness.

Soldato
wyrdo said:
Yeah, it's annoying! When I did my first challenge I wondered what was up with the controls, then I realised.

Edit: Actually, it appears to have saved my settings somehow now. Oddness.

Wont carry mine over at all for the challenges (except for the first one you play after boot), just tried a few friendlies back to back thought and it keeps the right setting for those no problem.

Oh well, I'm about half way through the challenges so I'll be selling it after that anyway :p

Soldato
Have you tried the Australia vs Solomon Islands (i think) challenge? I just cannot do that one. To get gold you play as Australia and have to win 7-0 from being 3-0 up at half time, yet the opposition play like Brazil. Only manged 5-0 once! The rest so far are pretty easy.

Going back to the controls not saving. Fight Night suffered the same problem if I recall, must be an EA thing.

This game has too many little problems and I will still take it back.

Another annoying thing is that this game is £19.99 on PC!

Soldato
Just did the Australia v Solomon Islands one, thank god as I thought it might cause me to break my first 360 pad :p

Soldato
I lied, it's not remembering my settings for the global challenges, when I select a new challenge it reverts back to the classic analogue, grrr!

It was just remembering the settings for that particular challenge.

And there are some rather annoying bugs in this, makes you wonder if they playtest these games at all as I've spotted a few stupid things that should have been fixed.

Soldato
I'm really getting annoyed with the Italy v Poland challenge, their defence is ******* ridiculous :mad:

A new bug I found is players not appearing for a while after a cut scene. Ball went out of play, other team made a substitution, it cuts back to the throw-in and none of the players appeared for about 5 seconds :p

Also, anyone found that a huge amount of the player pictures for the lesser known teams look nothing like the player on the pitch? I've just seen one guy with black hair whos picture showed him as blonde!

Wonder if the EA playtesters where on holiday for this one? :D

Last edited:

rug

rug

Associate
Any one seem to have problems with the view height & zoom, changing them appears to do bugger all??

Not a bad game though, once you lower the speed and turn up the difficulty.

Soldato
Nismo said:
Just did the Australia v Solomon Islands one, thank god as I thought it might cause me to break my first 360 pad :p

This just made me brake my 3rd or 4th pad, why do they make it so difficult? it a ******* joke

Back
Top Bottom