2006 FIFA World Cup (X360)

Soldato
I'm for throwing my joypad, telly and 360 out the ******* window with this Global Challenge lark.......It's a ******* joke.......The CPU players and especially the Keeper are beyond Perfect Skill i reckon in some matches.......So god damn frustrating :mad: :o

Well done Nis ;)

Caporegime
McDaniel said:
Quicker, not so much easier, depends on what type of gamer you are.

Exactly, it depends on the gamer and type of game. Tomb raider wasnt a difficult game for most but I found the england time trial so hard I gave up and sold the game.

Oblivions maybe longer to get doesnt make them harder, like top spin. They take an age but they aren't hard. Its only 19.30 minutes to get england time trial unlock on TRL but I reckon I could play it til chrimbo and still not get it.

I still say PGR has some of the hardest unlocks, its rare I see people getting over half the unlocks.

Soldato
Indeed, im pretty bad and most racers and sports games.

FPS / platformers im fine at, did England time trial first time with a minute to spare, but id be screwed at a footy game

Soldato
5bjoshua said:
Did you get this game just for easy points?

Not all all, and the points for the Global Challenge games are pretty hard/frustrating to get.

Regardless of achievements, I would have bought it anyway as I had nothing else on the 360 to play, so its filled a gap for a week.

I really wanted to like this game, however personally I preferred RTWC. The only reason I kept it was because there was no way I was going to sell it without getting the last achievement with all the hours and frustration I had put into the damn thing, I wasnt going to let EA beat me :D

5bjoshua said:
Its quite easy to get the points in relation to other games lets say oblivion.

Maybe so, but its not as easy as something like Tomb Raider, which IMO was pretty much a breeze to get 100%, so that poos on the idea that all EA games are easy.

All of the achievements in WC2006 are a doddle to get, apart from the 500 point one, lets see if you still think its easy when you try that ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
5bjoshua said:
Its quite easy to get the points in relation to other games lets say oblivion.

Not really, those Oblivion achievements aren't hard to get at all. You can blow through most of the quests really quickly.

The global challenges in this FIFA game are extremely frustrating and there's quite a few of them.

Soldato
dannyjo22 said:
Exactly, it depends on the gamer and type of game. Tomb raider wasnt a difficult game for most but I found the england time trial so hard I gave up and sold the game.

Oblivions maybe longer to get doesnt make them harder, like top spin. They take an age but they aren't hard. Its only 19.30 minutes to get england time trial unlock on TRL but I reckon I could play it til chrimbo and still not get it.

I still say PGR has some of the hardest unlocks, its rare I see people getting over half the unlocks.

It took me 2 hours to do the england level first time! I got so frustrated with that game on that level. Awesome game bar that level.

Soldato
Nismo said:
Not all all, and the points for the Global Challenge games are pretty hard/frustrating to get.

Regardless of achievements, I would have bought it anyway as I had nothing else on the 360 to play, so its filled a gap for a week.

I really wanted to like this game, however personally I preferred RTWC. The only reason I kept it was because there was no way I was going to sell it without getting the last achievement with all the hours and frustration I had put into the damn thing, I wasnt going to let EA beat me :D

Maybe so, but its not as easy as something like Tomb Raider, which IMO was pretty much a breeze to get 100%, so that poos on the idea that all EA games are easy.

All of the achievements in WC2006 are a doddle to get, apart from the 500 point one, lets see if you still think its easy when you try that ;)

I wasnt having a go if it sounded that way matey. I have started the challenges now and can see there quite hard. im stuck on the one where you've got to get a goal within 2 ingame minutes, spain vs. ****** (not sure)

I am enjoying the game though. This may of been because i didnt have RTFWC so i dont know what its like.

Caporegime
Nismo said:
I never understood that view, I mean, Tiger Woods is possibly the hardest on game on the market to 100%.

Soldato
5bjoshua said:
I wasnt having a go if it sounded that way matey. I have started the challenges now and can see there quite hard. im stuck on the one where you've got to get a goal within 2 ingame minutes, spain vs. ****** (not sure)

I am enjoying the game though. This may of been because i didnt have RTFWC so i dont know what its like.

Hehe, didnt take it as you having a go, so sorry if my reply made you think I did :)

Caporegime
To do all the global achievements on this game do you just have to do the major part of the global challenge or the minor bits too?

Edit also any tips on the best way to score. I walked through the Tournies on default but the globals are so infuriating and there's about 30 to do :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
dannyjo22 said:
To do all the global achievements on this game do you just have to do the major part of the global challenge or the minor bits too?

If you mean do you have to meet the criteria for silver and gold, then no. As long as each challenge is beaten at least to bronze, you will get the achievement.

Caporegime
Thanks for that, I can only get bronze and silvers. They are tough, wish you could change the skill level :D

I saw on the xbox forum that people are changing the squads of the opposition team. But I dont see where thats possible??

Back
Top Bottom