2011 Ford Mustang

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Mmmm, nice.
I have to say that it does make me wonder why Ford and/or the aftermarket suppliers don't offer interior upgrades. Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking of stick on carbon fibre imitation tat. I was thinking more along the lines of real aluminium/alcantara and similar materials as direct replacements for some of the existing interior bits. Yes, I know they wouldn't be cheap, but when you take into account the total cost of car+updated interior against say an E90 BMW, it would give it an interesting way to position itself in the marketplace.

Soldato
OP
well thats not exactly true.

The Stock Mustang GT has never handled particularly well

The Mustangs that put in laptimes faster than the V8 M3 etc.. have modified suspension setups from Steeda, Saleen, Roush etc.. They dont handle till you start changing the suspension components around.

This is no bad thing mind, as the stock GT is setup for the american market who by and large dont care about handling. Companies like Saleen and Roush cater for the people who do. I think Ford even sell an optional handling back of their own with the 2011 model dont they ?

Ford Track Pak makes it handle very well, probably on par with a certain members and then you can also add the Brembo package too which gives you Brembo brakes as found on the GT500 and EVO X

Soldato
well thats not exactly true.

The Stock Mustang GT has never handled particularly well

The Mustangs that put in laptimes faster than the V8 M3 etc.. have modified suspension setups from Steeda, Saleen, Roush etc.. They dont handle till you start changing the suspension components around.

This is no bad thing mind, as the stock GT is setup for the american market who by and large dont care about handling. Companies like Saleen and Roush cater for the people who do. I think Ford even sell an optional handling back of their own with the 2011 model dont they ?

Are M3s and Mustangs at similar price levels then? For some reason I assumed a mustang would be much cheaper, maybe I am thinking of prices in the states.

Soldato
OP
Are M3s and Mustangs at similar price levels then? For some reason I assumed a mustang would be much cheaper, maybe I am thinking of prices in the states.

When importing to the UK, they are closer matched, but as I said in the OP, for the American market they are about $30k different. 2011 Mustang being $30k and 2011 M3 Coupe being $60k.

Caporegime
Ford Track Pak makes it handle very well, probably on par with a certain members and then you can also add the Brembo package too which gives you Brembo brakes as found on the GT500 and EVO X

thats the one i was referring to.

So yes they do, but be sure to get one from a tuner, or make sure its got the track pak specified when buying.

Soldato
OP
It's not bad per-say as stock though, much like a lot of cars for the UK market, it's just not mental. Adding the upgrades makes it better though and is certainly something I'd do if I were to ever get one.

Soldato
OP
2010 car isn't hugely different.

2010mustangfd_17.jpg

A lot of the difference is in the engine.

If you mean this one:

Mustang_800.jpg

It's quite a few years old so everything is different.

Soldato
Regarding my comments above about the new rear, the general concensis across most Mustang forums is the rear is the weakest part (in terms of looks) of the new Mustang.

Whilst it has a more sporty look it doesn't carry off that muscle car look as well.

Old
MustangRear2008.jpg

New
MustangRear2011.jpg

Soldato
prefer the '67 myself

without all the stupid bodykits that get stuck on them inspired by gone in 60 seconds.

The '67 makes my heat pound.

Was lucky enough to see several and get a quick spin in one during my hols in America.

That said, I would happily snap up one of the new models!

Anyone know if RHD versions are coming for the UK market?
Or is that too expensive for Ford? :(

Soldato
OP
Yeah 67 is better, but I saw that and it's close...kind of. :p

Anyone know if RHD versions are coming for the UK market?
Or is that too expensive for Ford? :(

I don't think it's a case of too expensive, just a case of no market for them really...although if they are anything like some of the cars that are here and over there, it'd end up costing something silly like £60k. :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Ok, here are some prices for the rest of the range, not just the GT:

• Mustang V6 - $22,995
  • Mustang V6 Premium - $26,695
  • Mustang V6 Convertible - $27,995
  • Mustang GT - $30,495
  • Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - $31,695
  • Mustang GT Premium - $33,695
  • Mustang GT Convertible - $35,495
  • Mustang GT Premium Convertible - $38,695
  • Mustang Shelby GT500 - $49,495
  • Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible - $54,495

The rental one would likely be the V6 Convertible at $28k, wouldn't have though it'd be premium, so specs as follows:

Engine:
3.7L Ti-VCT V6 engine with 305 hp @ 6,500 rpm
and 280 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,250 rpm
Returning:
Manual transmission 19 mpg city/29 hwy
Automatic transmission 19 mpg city/31 hwy
Capacities
Coupe/Convertible
Passenger volume (cu. ft.) 83.3/81.0
Luggage capacity (cu. ft.) 13.4/9.6
Total interior volume (cu. ft.) 96.7/90.6
Fuel capacity (gal.) 16.0

Although I thought it was a smaller engine than that...back to my research...nope it is a 3.7l V6.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom