2020/21 Sack Race

Don
Presumably he's got at least some grasp of English having played for Rangers, although if he had to speak to Ally McCoist who knows.
There's a funny video of him doing a press-conference in English which I'd link if I could. Search "sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****".

Caporegime
Apparently it’s off now after a fan backlash!

https://www.skysports.com/share/12335457

This is a total clown show even by Spurs standards.

This all down to Levy. The guy is an imbecile. I also hate the fact Managers get thrown under the bus far too often. They are the most important part of it. Liverpool wouldn't have had their success without Klopp and City wouldn't be as dominant without Guardiola.

Associate
The only thing going against him will be the Everton fans turning on him quicker than they would somebody else if things aren't going well and they're not slow on turning on people at the best of times.

Based on what? They are no quicker to turn on a manager than say Liverpool. If anything considering the lack of success they have been very patient. Few fans would have put up with all those years of Moyes where they flip flopped from a good season to a bad one. Few fans would have put up with the style of football he kept having them play.

They tuned on Martinez with good reason, same with Sam and Koeman. Silva should never have been given the job in the first place.

I think Everton should look for another option than Rafa, that can't end well for any party.

Man of Honour
To be fair to Moyes when you say 'all those years', there were only two seasons he finished below 8th. Can't be many more consistent prem mangers over an extended period aside from Wenger and Ferguson.

Soldato
Based on what? They are no quicker to turn on a manager than say Liverpool. If anything considering the lack of success they have been very patient. Few fans would have put up with all those years of Moyes where they flip flopped from a good season to a bad one. Few fans would have put up with the style of football he kept having them play.

They tuned on Martinez with good reason, same with Sam and Koeman. Silva should never have been given the job in the first place.

I think Everton should look for another option than Rafa, that can't end well for any party.

When was the last time Liverpool fans turned on an ex Everton legend?

This isnt the same. Theres already signs at goodison throwing insults at Rafa. The usual Everton forums are fuming about it and he hasnt even been announced.

Associate
To be fair to Moyes when you say 'all those years', there were only two seasons he finished below 8th. Can't be many more consistent prem mangers over an extended period aside from Wenger and Ferguson.

Apart from his a season and a half the football he produced was absolutely dire. His record against the big clubs showed that, he went into everyone with damage limitation. They had every right to complain and they stuck with him. Hardly an indication of turning on managers 'even at the best of times'

When was the last time Liverpool fans turned on an ex Everton legend?

This isnt the same. Theres already signs at goodison throwing insults at Rafa. The usual Everton forums are fuming about it and he hasnt even been announced.

What? The comment was made they turn on managers, they haven't anymore than any other club. If Moyes left Westham to take over at Liverpool the reaction would be the same. Of course they don't want Rafa, that goes without saying and shouldn't even be a consideration. I would hope Rafa would have a tiny bit of dignity left to not take the job anyway.

Don
Based on what?
Based on the fact they've turned on pretty much every manager since Moyes, other than Ancelotti. Heck, they turned on Koeman for putting red tinsel on his Christmas tree :p

Everton's support (inside the stadium that is(on twitter etc all supporters are mad)) is, alongside Arsenal's, the most toxic in the League.

Soldato
Gattuso out of running for spurs job now

what a joke levy and spurs are over this fiasco is that about 4 or 5 managers now that were taking over then it comes to nothing

Back
Top Bottom