• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080 Ti - weird clock dip in Assassin Creed Oddyssey.Voltage instability from power source?

Associate
Hello. I have an question. Its my second similiar topic here,but i want to be sure. All of you have knownledge here.

I left Assassin Creed Oddysey for overnight ,check in morning gpu clocks and on 6:34 morning just for 1 second,clock dipp from 1995mhz to 1245mhz and power to 38% TDP. For 1ms. Gpu load stayed 98%.

When i go sleep character was just standing on the same place in game.

PC:
9900K stock
Corsair 850RMX
Asus Prime Z390-A
Aorus Waterforce 2080 Ti Xtreme

Windows 10 V1903

screen:

af.jpg

Is this ok?

Somebody said:" it's voltage instability from the input power source (230 VAC 50Hz). You need an Uninterruptible Power Supply."

Is this possible?

PS:
I am on the newest nvidia drivers

Soldato
Don't most power supplies do voltage regulation anyway? And so if the voltage/frequency dipped so much as to cut half the power to your graphics card - wouldn't the power supply just shut down and turn the PC off as a safety precaution?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Dude you're paranoid. Stop worrying about these random millisecond dips.

I bet if I left my pc on for as long as you did and checked every second over a period of multiple hours I'd see random drops.

Start worrying when your games crash or you get weird glitches or corrupted colours etc.

Basically stop looking for issues and just use and enjoy your pc

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Why didn’t you just save your game and switch the PC off?

Only time my game is left running overnight is if I’ve passed out! :p

Associate
OP
Yeah i know too much sitting on pc,a paranoid i am a little,the same think. Okies now its fine.

I tested Metro Exodus,Shadow of T Raider,Control,Unigine benchmarks no drops like on AC.
But this is not a real problem because in AC its not have impact on performance,maybe -1 fps lost.
Also it happens very rarely like once to 5 hours. So i guess its fine.?!:)

Ps:
Sorry for that topic again.

Soldato
You have nothing to worry about.

It sounds like you have a little too much OCD even for this forum lol. I'd suggest you turn off logging software and just play your games

Associate
OP
Hey guys. Last question.
During this time my monitor broked. I mean.

Something like this appeared on screen:

cv.jpg

Like smudge or something.

Its my topic:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/acer-predator-xb271huab-rma.18867579/

I resolved by buying new monitor Aorus AD27QD and its fine on new display.

And my question is. Monitor get broken because of just monitor or that was related to that 1 sec power drops and clock drops in game?

Soldato
Hey guys. Last question.
During this time my monitor broked. I mean.

Something like this appeared on screen:

cv.jpg

Like smudge or something.

Its my topic:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/acer-predator-xb271huab-rma.18867579/

I resolved by buying new monitor Aorus AD27QD and its fine on new display.

And my question is. Monitor get broken because of just monitor or that was related to that 1 sec power drops and clock drops in game?

That looks like a problem with the display itself, Clock drops wouldn't cause that and a power drop definitely not, Just a faulty monitor.

Associate
OP
Last question definitely.

Have an question about Assassin Creed Oddyssey. I have maybe once of 5-10 hours weird stutter for 1 second.

I mean clock drop from 1995mhz to 1245mhz,gpu power drop to 38% from 90% for 1 second, but gpu load stays 96%.
So rare that i can say, once of many hours.

The same happened but just once, in firestrike 1080p looped test .
IS this hardware related or not?

ui1.jpg

Power management in windows is on BALANCED. Windows 10 1903v.

Also gpu connected by 2 separate cables from psu.

Permabanned
I'm sorry but this thread is *mental*.

Is there an actual point behind it and what does that 1 second drop mean to you? If that tiny, totally meaningless happening is seriously an issue that warrants this much thought or worry then I would step away from PC building/gaming/benching altogether to be honest. I foresee a whole lot of stress and worry coming your way given nothing is perfect and high end hardware always comes with little niggles which is OK for 99.999% of end users.

Sorry if that seems harsh I just genuinely worry that you are going to drive yourself mad if thats something that even gets noticed!

Soldato
I'd suggest you turn off logging software and just play your games
^^this 100%^^
the number of people who obsess over monitoring software is bonkers.

now go away and play your games and stop stressing. come back if **** crashes. you're going to give yourself an ulcer dude. (says the man who has hwmonitor open checking gpu temps 2 months after fitting the gpu waterblock :p)

Associate
OP
Hey guys. LAST QUESTION. It happened 3rd time but on Shadow of Tomb Raider. I left game for 9 hours overnight. And when i checked after that MSI LOGS i saw that on 3:00:00 hour in night, clock dipped to 1280mhz from1950mhz again for 1s and power drop to 40% from 90% for 1 second too. Anyway its not reason to worry? I ask because why clock dipped? Anyway its ok?

Soldato
Nuke it from orbit.

Why are you leaving it on overnight to run games?

This whole thing is weird, one tiny 1 second blip in hours and hours and it bothers you?

i think this is a troll thread now to be honest. who leaves a game running overnight while they are in bed just to log any 'blips' - then keeps asking the same question over and over when they've been told over and over not to worry about it.

Associate
I'm almost certain this thread is satire, but I'll take the bait

Your GPU won't stay at the same clock 24/7 for every second, all it takes is the game to preload a texture, asset, shader etc and your clocks will drop. This is normal, infact I'm surprised there isn't more micro-blips in your clock speed.

Back
Top Bottom