£20k Track day car?

Soldato
OP
Why not? There are some utterly glorious FWD cars out there at this price point.

Why not? Because for one, it seems a little unadventurous given this will be a track day car only. And secondly, you could go and buy a 600bhp per tonne monster that would run rings round them all for the same money and at the same time you could have more fun with oversteer on demand etc.

Associate
Because I have no RWD driving experience so would get more out of a FWD car currently

But for how long? It doesn't take 17 years to learn to "use" RWD.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with wanting FWD, I can see the appeal.

I'd go RWD as it has the potential to offer more fun in the long run. I don't have any RWD driving experience either, I would see this as the perfect opportunity to get some, and decent experience to boot.

Soldato
Why not? Because for one, it seems a little unadventurous given this will be a track day car only. And secondly, you could go and buy a 600bhp per tonne monster that would run rings round them all for the same money and at the same time you could have more fun with oversteer on demand etc.

Its not all about power, and going the fastest round any given track. For me anyway. Its more about having a fun car to drive, imho that doesn't require it to be rwd and have massive power.

Soldato
And Iain, after all that nova bashing, that is the best car you can come up with?? A time bomb, slow NSX?? :)

What happens when you put it in the kitty litter and need a new wing etc? I think that might make a nice road car, but the for track I'd say it was too nice / too expensive.

Who was bashing - I just said it wouldnt be what I'd have done with 20k :p

Not the best I can come up with, just an idea. I'd prefer something lightweight and hardcore like a Lotus 7 type car. I'm surprised at how little you can pick up a Westfield Megabusa for these days, there's some around for 8k!

Man of Honour
Surely not? That sounds VERY cheap?

Well the main championships run Mk1 1600's and though they are considering opening some new classes due to the huge number of entrants they haven't so £6k-£7k will get you a front running car built to spec. Another 6k should easily
cover costs so pretty straightforward.

Back
Top Bottom