28yrs+ people - Give us some general advice in life...

Soldato
Always listen to peoples advice & experience, then completely ignore them and make your own mistakes :D

p.s

Always aim low and have low expectations to avoid dissapointment

Associate
31 here... and I've still a lot more to learn about life. Here's what little I can offer:

Enjoy life, you only get one shot at it
Don't bear a grudge, they won't care how grumpy you feel
Don't borrow money to fund a lifestyle
Marry when you want to marry

On the last point - I had it in my head that I'd get married in my late 20's. But then I met a girl at 21 and she blew me away. We're celebrating our 9th anniversary in July and I wouldn't change a thing.

Soldato
I think this is a good one (I would rate others above this but they've been posted already):

There are many routes to happiness, just because someone isn't on your path doesn't mean that they are lost.

Associate
39 already(damned,feeling old already hehe)and only one advice:

have fun before setteling down with a wife.Not my own story but i see it with my brother,he met his wife being 16(18 for her)and they are 35/37 now and still together.And NOT happy AT ALL.So fool around as much as possible,there will come a time when you feel to need to start a family.That need came at 32 with me,so i fooled around from 17 untill 32 :D

Maybe there are kids on this globe i don't know of lol

Associate
I would have thought similar to you when I was your age.

Remember, quite often making yourself happy is a result of seeing a friend/partner happy.

It can't all be take take. If you do, you will end up a very lonely person - so sometimes you DO need to do what makes others happy, at your own sacrifice.

And people changing you (subtly) can be a good thing (Mrs Fidget would agree). You should learn by your mistakes and change for the better as a result.

I meant in the sense of dont let people push you into things you dont want to do. Trivial things like dressing to please someone else, changing your university to be near them. I spose what I mean is you should do what makes you happy. At the end of the day you can only really rely on yourself.

Soldato
I am 33, here is my advice, be yourself, dont force yourself to grow up when it comes to what makes you happy.

The only people that matter in the grand scheme of things is, in descending order:
Your children.
Your immediate family (mum, dad, sister etc etc)
Your partner.
Your boss.
and then at the bottom of a huge chasm, with all spikes and slime, and creepy crawlies, is everyone else.

Even though other people dont matter, be nice to them.

Man of Honour
35 here

My advice:

Overcome your fears - don't be put off by being anxious about anything, just find a way and get on with it

Everybody can achieve - you are not limited by where you come from, past mistakes etc. just decide what you want and go out and get it without trampling on other people, that comes back to bite

Remember to have fun all throughout your life

Look forward to your 30s, it is a brilliant period in life

When it comes to long term partners, take your time, make sure it is right

Stay fit, when you pass late 20s if you are taking your fitness for granted it will slap you with a man boob

Don't eat the yellow snow

Soldato
1. Never sleep with you best mates Mum, no matter how hot she is.

2. Don't buy anything you can't afford without credit.

3. Always give in on the little things with your wife, when the big things come along you will have leverage.

4. Tell your wife and kids you love them, everyday.

I'm 41.

Most importantly, before you find The One, your motto should be 'why love one, when you can love them all'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom